Thread: 2-3 sift flare 6l80

Potential Tuner

2-3 sift flare 6l80

Vehicle is a 2009 Silverado with the six speed trans. This is the tune in question. After a relearn it shifts good for a day or two, then goes right back to the flare situation. Any ideas?
    Attached Files Attached Files

is this at WOT or part throttle driving?

Tuner
    Have you checked trans fluid ?
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning

Potential Tuner
    Trans fluid and filter were changed. No change. Relearn with snapon scanner made a huge difference for a couple of days, or roughly 100 miles. What seems to have worked is copying the transmission tune from one in the repository that said torque management deleted. 170 miles on this setup so far no flare

Potential Tuner
    By the way while we were in there we turned off the afm or dod or whatever it is that makes the engine run on 4 cylinders. Truck runs sooooo much better, and seems to be getting better fuel mileage as well.

i had a bit of a flare between 2-3 at part throttle driving which was fixed by adding 10% to the airmass based airmass a table.
    which is in Engine>Torque Management>Engine>Airmass a

Potential Tuner
    Yeah, I recently saw where one guy suggested multiplying all airmass tables by 1.15 that will be the next step if it starts to act crazy again. Once I'm certain the trans issues are resolved I'll post a copy of the tune.

Quote Originally Posted by crsbelton View Post
    Yeah, I recently saw where one guy suggested multiplying all airmass tables by 1.15 that will be the next step if it starts to act crazy again. Once I'm certain the trans issues are resolved I'll post a copy of the tune.

I was having the same issue and gave it a try and it made a huge difference,, just have to try it when the car is cold ,,gmonde