Thread: Cummins Trans Tuning Question

Advanced Tuner

Cummins Trans Tuning Question

Not sure if this should go in the "dodge trans" section. It seems the only controllers for shifting and TCC lockup in this trans are throttle position? and I don't have a table for 1-2 shift? is that correct? Truck is a 04.5. I am used to the GM side and being able to adjust with shift speed and RPM amongst 600+ parameters.
    trans.jpg
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Advanced Tuner
    Also, the top axis seems to be "hyper linked"? Is that where I am changing rpm? What does the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 relate to? just the box number? circled in red.
    Attachment 56121
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfarlnd View Post
    Also, the top axis seems to be "hyper linked"? Is that where I am changing rpm? What does the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 relate to? just the box number? circled in red.
    Attachment 56121
    Yeah, there are a certain number of breakpoints for every table, and when you click on the axis label to define/redefine what those breakpoints are, the number sequence at the top is just telling you the order of the breakpoint sequence.

Keep in mind, although these tables are labeled as "input shaft RPM", they are actually supposed to be labeled as "Output Shaft RPM". It's important to know that since it changes the way you will look at, and modify these tables.