Thread: trans-> inferred movement and load switch

Advanced Tuner

trans-> inferred movement and load switch

i've noticed the inferred movement cell in bf and fg tunes, just curious if it also exists in any BA and exactly what it does and what its purpose is, in an auto or manual, if they're different.

also curious about load switch, manuals seem to be set to 2 and autos at 4, does anyone know what this refers to and what the difference is between each number?

Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    i've noticed the inferred movement cell in bf and fg tunes, just curious if it also exists in any BA and exactly what it does and what its purpose is, in an auto or manual, if they're different.

also curious about load switch, manuals seem to be set to 2 and autos at 4, does anyone know what this refers to and what the difference is between each number?

I have the information somewhere on what each number represents. It tells the PCM the sensor layout of the transmission, so different trans setups will usually have a different number assigned. Not something you would typically change unless doing a transmission swap.

Inferred Movement is exactly what is sounds like. Above the set RPM, the PCM will assume the vehicle is moving. This has to be changed sometimes with a looser torque converter.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC