Thread: Calibration Mismatch Error need help!

Tuner

Calibration Mismatch Error need help!

I am a newbie to HP Tuners software. I have done some searching but cannot find much. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

I get this error when I try to write my PCM:

File OS ID does not match VCM OS ID
    File OS:1271002 VCM OS:12212156
    Please load a file that is compatible with this VCM.

I had a mail order tune from Texas Speed which also provided the LS1 PCM. I then had my car dyno tuned here in Florida and the tuner used HP Tuners and put it into a speed density tune. I then bought HP Tuners and did a read entire. Saved the file. Then opened it and applied the (1 bar enhanced speed density) option. It says (unlicensed) Applied when you look in the VCM Editor under OS for that file.

First off I am not sure where to even start if the PCM was put into speed density already and then I bought HP tuners. Do I just do a read entire and not apply the enhanced speed density? Will it still be in speed density if I go to write the calibration? I am not sure how to correct this error and write to my PCM!

Thanks
    Torque_Vector
    408ci stroker LS3 1998 BMW 323is - 490RWHP 466RWT in 100 degree weather
    260cc CNC Ported PRC heads, 11.25:1 Compression, 4" stroke, 242/250 .615/.615", Nick Williams 92mm TB, LS3 intake/fuel rails, FAST 39# INJ, 3" x-pipe dual exhaust

Additions: ID1300 INJ, Flex Fuel Sensor, Aeromotive 5GPM variable speed Fuel Pump...

You have to write entire when the operating systems do not match.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

So your saying we can change the OS..
    2001 Jimmy ,L31 with marine intake,CPC conversion,Nv3500 5 speed,SAS,Dana 44's front and rear,4.30 gears..

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Sorry if this is obvious or incorrect, but it looks like you successfully and properly changed your OS when you applied the 1BAR Enhanced SD. The mail order tune was most likely the standard GM style OS and that's where the missmatch seems to be.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nopps View Post
    Sorry if this is obvious or incorrect, but it looks like you successfully and properly changed your OS when you applied the 1BAR Enhanced SD. The mail order tune was most likely the standard GM style OS and that's where the missmatch seems to be.
    The guy who dyno tuned my car said he put it in speed density so I assumed that he must have applied the 1 bar enhanced. The car runs fine without the MAF connected and I am only running the IAT sensor.

I wasn't sure how that worked if he already applied the 1 bar SD Enhanced then what is supposed to happen when I read the PCM with my version of HP tuners? Shouldn't I be able to write back to the PCM after applying 2 credits to unlock the PCM on my HP Tuners hardware? Or even though he applied the SD Enhanced already, I have to still apply it myself and write entire as well? I thought I could just read entire the file, license the PCM with 2 credits, and do a normal write because SD enhanced was already applied by the other guy.
    Torque_Vector
    260cc CNC Ported PRC heads, 11.25:1 Compression, 4" stroke, 242/250 .615/.615", Nick Williams 92mm TB, LS3 intake/fuel rails, FAST 39# INJ, 3" x-pipe dual exhaust

Additions: ID1300 INJ, Flex Fuel Sensor, Aeromotive 5GPM variable speed Fuel Pump...

If you're applying an OS change then you have to do a write entire.

If you're just wanting to read whats on there and make changes to the tune itself (not the OS) then just reading, changing and writing CALIBRATION only is all you need to do.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    If you're applying an OS change then you have to do a write entire.

If you're just wanting to read whats on there and make changes to the tune itself (not the OS) then just reading, changing and writing CALIBRATION only is all you need to do.
    Ok I get it. I can change the tune only by writing calibration, but in order for me to use RTT from the SD 1 bar enhanced I would have to write entire even though someone already did that with their version of HP Tuners. So the operating system is USER specific per HP Tuner laptop software/hardware?
    Torque_Vector

Running in speed density does not require an upgraded OS, that is a common misunderstanding. Whoever tuned it previously probably did not apply that update. It adds features, but is not require to run in SD only for non boosted applications. If it were already applied you would not be able to do it again

It is NOT user/laptop/whatever specific. If it's been done then it would show up and can't be done again.