Thread: Definition Failed to Load

Potential Tuner

Definition Failed to Load

I have built a benchtop programming harness to plug my LS ecm straight into my laptop. The ecm has proper voltage, everything has power and ground as it should and the data link is hooked up properly. When I go to read the VCM, the entire process works just fine, reads to VIN, ect., until the last step, I get the "definition failed to load, unable to edit" message. I just downloaded the 3.0 update, but this is my first time using the software. Any ideas?

All you have to do is what the message prompt says, e-mail us the tune and VCM Suite info log to support.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Potential Tuner
    I did that at the same time I posted this and the reply I got was to re-download the update and reinstall it again because my log file still shows its version 2.24, which I have done twice already. He then said to basically open the VCM editor and try opening the file and see if it works, which it still says definition failed to load. Not sure where to go from here? I sent a copy of the tune file as well as my vcm info log to support in my first email.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Sounds like you haven't installed 3.0

You can view what version you are opening under Help-about.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"