Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idle Speed Not Automatically Changing

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by anniversaryss View Post
    Alright thank you. I have the 80e trans segment (not sure where it came from honestly) but I used the expressvan trans diag just in case.

Now I went into an fbody auto pcm and swapped the engine and engine diag segment. I had to move everything over from my current tune and as soon as I can (weather permitting ) I will load this up and get back to this thread.

I really hope it works. It's been an annoyance that I've lived with but would be great to fix.

Thank you again.
    Not too bad of a process when you compare/copy.

Yeah, I feel your pain - I finally hit my tipping point and just kept digging.

It actually make sense bc the manuals dont technically have a "park". And it makes sense there is somthing in the background that hpt doesnt let you modify or its just somthing that is undefined between the auto/manual files.
    Yeah, but what threw me off is that all of the tables I could see in the engine segment were the same in the auto and manual file. Like you said, apparently something wasn't jiving until the engine diagnostic segment was swapped over.

Advanced Tuner
    I didnt segment swap the auto and auto diagnostic segments but I loaded a a flex OS that was originally an auto tahoe and the idle desired vs ECT is fixed
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

Tuner
    I didnt segment swap the auto and auto diagnostic segments but I loaded a a flex OS that was originally an auto tahoe and the idle desired vs ECT is fixed
    Solid work! Glad it is good to go now.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LaTechGTO View Post
    Solid work! Glad it is good to go now.
    Yep I needed a flex OS so I just loaded it and its great!!
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi