Thread: Letting the LM-1 handle NB duties

Advanced Tuner

Letting the LM-1 handle NB duties

Anyone have a detailed write-up on how to setup an LM-1 as both a NB & WB sensor? Handheld settings, how to wire it, how to ground it, the whole nine yards? For now I have to place it in B2S1 due to a collector leak on the other bank.
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

in the EIO section stickies is a writeup of how to conect it ..with diagrams..all done by me..
    as far as settings....
    you just need to set up the narrowband side to be .100-1.0 volts(100mv-1000mv) and set it to 1/6th output resolution

in your PCM you might want to set all the switching voltages to be teh same value that is shown as the crossing point for 14.7..cause now its going to very accurate all the time..no need for a different voltage for lower airflow modes with using the wideband in there..

if you need to ground and power it it without the EIO..you can wire th ehot to any key on power source(liek the stock o2 power..and can ground it to any chassis point or to th estock o2 connector ground.
    just take all your ground to the same chassis point/o2 ground...
    and you can run just 1 wire up for the wideband side to hit th eEIO if you want..no need fo ra ground to go to th eEIO cause it doesnt need one there..just the wideband has to have a ground...EIO has a floating analog system that doesnt require a ground to be connected to the analog in stuff as long as teh device(wideband) is grounded somewhere
    -Scott -

Advanced Tuner
    .1-1V=10-20AFR??

Hmm, this seems like a wiring mess. Maybe I should drive over to see Jimmyblue and pay him for his ingenuity
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

yes.. 0.1~1.0 on narrowband = 10-20 AFR
    its easy to wire..
    serial color coding is same as my one for usb..only difference is that the serial one has a +5volts where the second ground is on the USB....(and usb is screw terminals instead of wires)

then all you need is a double ground wire ..... one from wideband ground and one from stock o2 ground...
    just take both of them to the same spot...whether its to the EIO or to a chassis ground...I prefer the EIO as it grounds to the PCM

you can also get hot and ground for the o2
    heater from the stock o2 conector..but its not as moveable to another car cause not all of them use the same conector...some are the reverse..LOL
    -Scott -