Thread: LM-2 Serial Hook up?

Tuner in Training

LM-2 Serial Hook up?

I see you can add a channel for Innovate SP2 and I tried all of them with my LM-2 and when I started the scanner they just disappeared. I don't see a way to configure the serial interface in the VCM 3.0 scanner. How do I get the LM-2's serial data to the VCM Scanner? Maybe I'm missing something. I also fired up Logworks and was able to see the serial data so I know it's getting to the computer. I was testing it out on a Dodge but that shouldn't matter. I'll try whatever you suggest if it's supported. Thank you. BTW I was using the 3.0.13 release of VCM scanner.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Maglin View Post
    I see you can add a channel for Innovate SP2 and I tried all of them with my LM-2 and when I started the scanner they just disappeared. I don't see a way to configure the serial interface in the VCM 3.0 scanner. How do I get the LM-2's serial data to the VCM Scanner? Maybe I'm missing something. I also fired up Logworks and was able to see the serial data so I know it's getting to the computer. I was testing it out on a Dodge but that shouldn't matter. I'll try whatever you suggest if it's supported. Thank you. BTW I was using the 3.0.13 release of VCM scanner.
    i got my lm-2 hooked up after not really getting much info here i took a gamble and ordered a serial cable from innovate that has a lil 4 pin connector that connects to the lm-2 controller and a serial connector on the other end and went to the local radio shack and got a serial to usb cable and just got it hooked up and as soon as i start scanning it showed exactly what my lm-2 showed so i think the serial cable to lm-2 is the key.

Tuner in Training
    The USB cable for the LM-2 is using a serial interface. If I have to make something I will. I have a DB-15 to USB converter but That adds more complications into it and I was hoping there was something simple to getting the VCM Scanner to use the USB data stream from the LM-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Maglin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    LM-1, LM-2 should be working in a couple weeks. I'm waiting on a sample from a customer.
    1968 Chevy C10 SWB - Project
    2018 Denali L5P

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for that. For now I purchased the stuff to use the MTS serial data stream and then run it through a DB9 Serial to USB adapter. Kind of sucks to have to convert to RS232 and then back to USB or maybe it's only from RS232 to USB. Either way it will work for now but I do look forward to being able to use the USB cable direct in the possible future.

Potential Tuner
    Ok this is old but I am having this same issue. So even though I have a usb out that logwerks reads, I have to go to a 16 pin serial out then convert to a usb and then hptuners will read it?