Thread: 4L80E Into VZ Commodore

Advanced Tuner

4L80E Into VZ Commodore

Hi there, was wondering has anyone done a 4L80E Swap into a 2006 VZ L76 SS, E38 TCM..I know cant do a segment swap but can anyone shed some light on the speedo adjustment ie ISS/VSS...I think box has to come out due to no reverse etc...Is it true the amount of solenoids the 4L80E has/uses is less/different than the 4L65E?...Tried Speartech for a harness/speedo ext etc but to no avail no application for out vehicle ..If anyone could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated Cheers Bret@ultimatelsxtuning

Advanced Tuner
    pretty sure all your going to need to do is re-pin the round connector on the trans so it activates the correct solenoids.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...l=1#post183064

The only thing I'm not sure on is whether or not you will require the ISS signal, probably just a matter of turning off some dtc's, but from the looks of some diagrams the 4l80e does have the ISS

I've just re-wired a vz e38/t42 combo so I can convert it to a 6l80e gearbox.

Advanced Tuner

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post

Be interesting to see whether this works - tried VZ OS with T43 a while back and no luck.

Good luck.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    pretty sure all your going to need to do is re-pin the round connector on the trans so it activates the correct solenoids.

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...l=1#post183064

The only thing I'm not sure on is whether or not you will require the ISS signal, probably just a matter of turning off some dtc's, but from the looks of some diagrams the 4l80e does have the ISS

...Cheers Tre-Cool, yeah it does have a ISS so yeah going through them and thanks for the EFI Live thread..Customer/owner was thinking of a 6L80E lol...Cheers

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    Be interesting to see whether this works - tried VZ OS with T43 a while back and no luck.

Good luck.
    my combination will be a bit special. lol. it's going into a vy. So I've also got a vz pim to wire in /translate the CAN data to ALDL comms for the dash cluster. I've got the original vz ecu along with some later model e38 ecu's I can try. From looking at wiring diagrams/schematics etc it all looks doable. just finding the right OS combination will be key.