Thread: 2011 jeep gc 5.7 with ripp supercharger.

Potential Tuner

2011 jeep gc 5.7 with ripp supercharger.

Guy has a 2011 jeep gc 5.7 with ripp supercharger kit. He brought it to me with problem.
    When you go wot from idle it gets to around 2400 rpms and stutters like a rev limiter
    then gets through it at 2700 and runs good from there.This is at the same rpm boost
    starts to build.Only does it at wot.If roll into it it is fine.He has been back and thorth with
    ripp and can't solve it.I have tune and a log attached.Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 6.0S104x4 View Post
    Guy has a 2011 jeep gc 5.7 with ripp supercharger kit. He brought it to me with problem.
    When you go wot from idle it gets to around 2400 rpms and stutters like a rev limiter
    then gets through it at 2700 and runs good from there.This is at the same rpm boost
    starts to build.Only does it at wot.If roll into it it is fine.He has been back and thorth with
    Not sure if you logged AFR with a wideband, but based on millivolts from the factory o2 sensors, it seems like you have some lean spots in the troubled RPM range (o2 millivolts drops down to sub 200's, whereas during the rest of the pull where it runs fine, o2 millivolts read 880+).

I notice that Neural Network is still enabled. It seems like most folks like to shut Neural Network off when they go forced induction, and tune via the VE tables. Although, it seems to be a pretty controversial topic, and it doesn't seem like there are any tuning tables that HP Tuners is offering to recalibrate anything in regards to the Neural Network logic.

Other folks seem to have gone the route of rescaling injectors to get the desired AFR results (ie, not actually scaling them according to what they truly flow according to flowbench test results, but scaling them to achieve a desired AFR at a given load and corresponding pulsewidth).

Neither way seems legitimately correct, IMO, but without Neural Network parameters that we can tweak/recalibrate, I guess it's all we're left with.

Also, it seems you're getting quite a lot of knock retard in the higher RPMs. Just another something to take a look at.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for reply.All I ever tuned are gm stuff so I am new to dodge.I have not
    changed anything yet in tune.It does not have wideband on it.Do you think
    bringing in power enrichment sooner would help.Ripp has sent him 3 different
    tunes and they all do it.Thanks.

Look at your PE (WOT) delay, it's at 4 secs. And your FA inc is at .005, change that to .5. Finally, your commanding .860 lambda till 3000 RPM. That's too lean for a boosted motor.

Russ Kemp

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply.I will give those a try.I didn't think those looked right.
    Thanks again.

Your Throttle WOT delay on both PE and Electronic Throttle are set to 3.5V. Change them down to 3V.

There is a lot to be had.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I have the same problem with my gc 5.7 from 2012. Did you correct the issue? From the log files I can notice that around 2400 RPM the injector pulse is getting bigger to quickly and that is the reason to back fire and sounds like it was a rev limit or something. At the begging I though it was a problem related with the ECO model of the PCM. Anyway, still woriking on that, but please let me know if you could fixed that problem. As I told you before, I had the exactly the same problem.

Potential Tuner
    Below you can see my current tune and log of the issue. Anyone that can help will be welcome.
    I also notice if a put FA in ZERO I do not the problema at 2450 RPM, but obiously the car is running lean.
    I can also comment that with the RIPP first configuration I had problems with startup, those were corrected by decreasing values in the StarpUp table.
    My guess is that car is running rich.

Honestly every RIPP system we've dealth with had either horrible fitment/pulley routing and sensors that were just junk. You could get dramatically different readings between two pulls without changing anything. Just toss the system and get a real setup.

Potential Tuner
    can you help me with a real setup?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 6.0S104x4 View Post
    did you solve the problem?

Advanced Tuner
    what MAP sensor are you using? The offsets look strange. In the log it shows MAP kpa maxes out at 82. Were you not in boost? Commanded TPS looked like it was WOT.

And as mentioned, commanding .86 is waaay to lean.

Do you have a wideband on this thing?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i would adjust your PW in your injector setup lots of tunes are i see setup the injector scale like on/off switch and its not a smooth scale.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Hi, I hope you can help me. Sorry about the delay in my replay, I think that no body could help, so I stop to read the forum. Any way, regarding to your questions: you see the Max kpa at 82 because the kit is installed here in Quito Ecuador, we have an altitud of 2700 meters above sea level (8800 feet aproximately). So the air pressure is about 75 kpa as an starting point.

And yes, commanded .86 were to lean, I already improve FA enrichment to cope with that problem. I found something really interesting, when the car is cold, there is not problem. The problem arise when the car reach the normal water temperture. I have a log that shows several tries when cold, and the car runs almost perfect, the log is called good cold 15012019.hpt

Please let me know if you can help me, now I have a wideband gauge so you can see commanded and real air fuel ratio rate.

Potential Tuner
    Yes, adjusting the PW table could help, I tried but it was difficult to calibrate in that way, for that reason I tried to increase power enrichment table.