Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Early 04 Adder Tables

Quote Originally Posted by Kill View Post
    Didn't have one with a full coolant temp range so I went and made one. I would like to note that the truck has 300% over injectors in it so the ranges used in some of the tables are going to be different than a stock injector truck.
    Easy to see in the log you posted what is doing the limiting since you are logging the pids that tell you.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Moparmatty View Post
    And what are you proposing the main timing IAT adder table is?
    I have an 03 and the way it seems to work for me is the IAT adder table is really a limiter. So if the coeficient table has a 1 it will limit timing to what is in the adder table. So i had IAT temps of below 45 deg on cold days and since the coeficient table had a 1, it would limit timing to the 10 deg found in the adder table. Not 100 percent sure if it was onlu limiting or if that was the value used whenever it was cold enough for the coeficient table to be 1.
    Last edited by Jesse_James; 02-14-2016 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Tuner
    So where are we up to with the adder tables???? Is it being sorted out so it works correctly, or are we all still guessing?

Tuner
    Here's my take on the pilot SOI adders since sitting down and going through Cummins software maps. I feel we are missing a table. In HP we have an ECTxIAT adder table. I believe that this is the coolant adder table. There is another table called IAT correction which we are missing. There is a factor axis (or coefficient axis) associated with both tables. I feel that pilot SOI looks at both these tables and their associated coefficients, and the output SOI is the GREATER of the two. The twist is that I think the Pilot SOI follows these tables and their coefficients as opposed to using the base table. If this seems convoluted in any way, it's because I think a lot better than I can speak and explain!!
    Also, in the Cummins software, the table limits are -120 to 120 degrees before main SOI (not 70 deg) and the coefficients have a limit of -5 to 5 (not 0 to 7)
    The tables are also not listed as 'adder tables', but rather 'precorrection maps'

I tried to upload photos of the two maps and their coefficients but it took too long!

Quote Originally Posted by muz79 View Post
    Here's my take on the pilot SOI adders since sitting down and going through Cummins software maps. I feel we are missing a table. In HP we have an ECTxIAT adder table. I believe that this is the coolant adder table. There is another table called IAT correction which we are missing. There is a factor axis (or coefficient axis) associated with both tables. I feel that pilot SOI looks at both these tables and their associated coefficients, and the output SOI is the GREATER of the two. The twist is that I think the Pilot SOI follows these tables and their coefficients as opposed to using the base table. If this seems convoluted in any way, it's because I think a lot better than I can speak and explain!!
    Also, in the Cummins software, the table limits are -120 to 120 degrees before main SOI (not 70 deg) and the coefficients have a limit of -5 to 5 (not 0 to 7)
    The tables are also not listed as 'adder tables', but rather 'precorrection maps'

I tried to upload photos of the two maps and their coefficients but it took too long!
    If the output pilot SOI was the greater of the two, it would leave you with a theoretical 150* of pilot timing with the stock 04 maps if you were between 180-223 degress ECT and 80-100mm3 commanded with a 50.04* table value and a coefficient of 3. I still think that it is a max limiter table. Interesting that the Cummins maps have another table, this would explain why even with the ECTxIAT table disabled I was still hitting a maximum limiter in the cruise range of around 13*, yet at idle it would follow the base map. I would really like to see those pictures of the Cummins software maps if you get another chance to try and upload them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner
    Hmm I see. Perhaps I meant the lesser of the two. I don't know! I need more time, and beer...
    I'll work on getting the photos up of the 2003 Cummins maps

Tuner
    Last edited by muz79; 02-28-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Tuner
    Could someone please post up a 2003 stock log run under various load conditions??

Quote Originally Posted by muz79 View Post
    Could someone please post up a 2003 stock log run under various load conditions??
    The stock early 04 log I posted earlier in this thread should have the same pilot tables as an 03.

Take a look at this tune and log if you have time. If the pilot tables are max limiters, this tune should have had a minimum of 20* of pilot timing no matter what. You will see that it didn't, I'm willing to bet it was following that IAT table you posted up. Keep a careful eye on IAT in the log since the sensor soaked up some heat while it was sitting loading the tune so the IAT is high in the beginning.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    From your tune and log:
    Crank pilot timing looks good to me, idle pilot timing seems to be following the base map after start up, as iat at that time would equal 53* or there abouts (given the coefficient of 3). Still seems to follow base map until 50mm3 and 1680rpm, then pilot soi falls quickly to follow iat map and its coefficient. Then for the majority of the log, pilot soi seems to follow iat table. It's confusing to say the least!

As confusing as it is, I would like to see HP add this iat table in a future update. At least it would give us more options to dial in things correctly.