Thread: 2014 Nissan Frontier OBD 2 tuner/interface combo

Potential Tuner

2014 Nissan Frontier OBD 2 tuner/interface combo

Hi there! I'm curious to know if anyone's had experience with Track Addict, an interface (with a tuner if there is such a thing) that'll monitor live data too. I'm specifically wanting to control line pressure for a firmer shift-I love this truck, but the shift is too soft. Any advice for interfacing and tuners for Nissans trucks will be greatly appreciated!

TrackAddict's OBD capability is based on monitoring the vehicle's data using a supported third party OBD interface like the OBDLink LX / MX, PLX Kiwi 1 / 2, etc. For a Nissan, it would give you visibility to the standard SAE parameters (aka "Mode 01"), which covers things like RPM, Speed, Throttle, coolant & intake temps, fuel trims, etc. To do any tuning or make any other changes to the vehicle via OBD, you would need to use a separate tuning solution that supports your vehicle. At this time, our HP Tuners VCM Suite product does not support Nissan tuning (we focus on GM, Ford, and Dodge), but there may be other solutions on the market for your truck.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    TrackAddict's OBD capability is based on monitoring the vehicle's data using a supported third party OBD interface like the OBDLink LX / MX, PLX Kiwi 1 / 2, etc. For a Nissan, it would give you visibility to the standard SAE parameters (aka "Mode 01"), which covers things like RPM, Speed, Throttle, coolant & intake temps, fuel trims, etc. To do any tuning or make any other changes to the vehicle via OBD, you would need to use a separate tuning solution that supports your vehicle. At this time, our HP Tuners VCM Suite product does not support Nissan tuning (we focus on GM, Ford, and Dodge), but there may be other solutions on the market for your truck.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry for the lame re-quote & the lengthy explanation of what I'm trying to accomplish
    Here's what I meant to reply with :
    Nissan Tuners & OBD II Wi-Fi interfaces to work with iOS track addict
    Forum response for hptuners.com

Thanks Weston, I appreciate your candor! Although I spent over 35 years in the automotive service industry, I'm not too familiar with Nissans, not like GM, Jeep, & Mercedes Benz. I'm probably spoiled by always having access to factory enhanced scan tools & the service info that came with working for dealerships. I am going to buy an OBDII wifi interface, I am hopeful that someone reputable makes one that also can flash(& reset to OEM parameters). While I understand the how's & why's of engine management, I'm no engineer. What I'm after is something that has multiple program "all in one" settings that can enhance fuel economy, optimize ftowing,& mild performance gains. My biggest gripe is A/T shifts are "old ladies Cadillac soft shifts'. They're so smooth I can almost hear the clutch facings wearing I'm not going to spend time trying to calculate fuel & ignition mapping or tweak VVT & GDI parameters. I'll take a few well engineered, generic pre-sets (for my specific truck)instead! This comes with concerns too-I've chased my tail from crappy, cheap , or knock off tuners. Some people got over their heads causing drivability issues I thought would require an exorcist to resolve. The fact that you replied with a professional answer gives me some extra faith in your product line & company. Sorry for the length of my post, but it brings another query: if I find the type tuner that says it'll meet my needs, will your OBD interface (Global to communicate with Track Addict) work with a reflashed (by a compatible tuner) ECM & able to accurately transmit the info to my iOS device? It's not very likely that I'll be able to find an all in one tuner & OBD2 transmitter. Please understand that most of my experiences with tuners caused more problems than they helped, 90-95% of the problems weren't so much the tuner as the impossible expectations people had of them. There is a lot of crap out there too! If I can only pick one change it'd be firmer shifts. I just don't want to replicate my past nightmares for another tech!
    Thanks for your time & expertise !
    Bruce