Thread: Boost control duty cycle

Advanced Tuner

Boost control duty cycle

I don't like asking things straight out like this but I searched the net high and low and all I get are wanks talking shit on ford forums, what tables do I adjust for boost control. I know it runs a duty cycle but not sure on the adjustment of the tables on a BA.

Tuner
    If you're trying to learn yourself closed loop boost control like I did/is/was, Google Haltech closed loop boost control . I found their forum pretty helpful

Why not ask? This is the ford tuning section. I dont understand the secrecy. On the ls side of the forum you can find out anything in minutes

Advanced Tuner
    I guess some people just ask and don't bother reading up and it piss's off the people that put in the hard yards reading through all the info, I only ask when I can't find it with mr Google, still would love to know those tables but lol

engine-torque management then under wastegate control there is two settings WASTEGATE is the one you want! 1 is max boost 0 is min boost progressively change this table to suit your demand.

Capture.PNG

These are the most commonly used tables used to adjust boost in falcons. Like muz79 said read up on closed loop control and then ask away if you don't understand something. Best way to learn is try things. Remember don't make big changes and your best friend when learning to tuning is your data logger.

Advanced Tuner
    I have looked up closed loop boost control but it was not very in depth explanation of how it works, I don't know how i missed all the turbo strff under the TM tab haha. So it looks like it is a PID controled closed loop system which i Know about, so at what stage do you guy play with the proporational and integral tables, i would assume when you start changing turbos or wastegates and or there control. Or can you mainly get away with stock settings. Looks like you coud make some good histo's for logging data to.

Tuner
    In the Haltech forums, it says to run open loop to start with in order to dial in your desired boost and dc map. Then once you gain some open loop control, bring P and I back in and tweak until happy. I have heard someone else say in another thread that modded exhaust or better breathing in general will cause spikes, so they lowered the dc map bit at a time while leaving it in closed loop until they brought the spikes under control and still had nice quick spool.

Advanced Tuner
    sweet i will have to have a play my mate just got a BA and it's going to be the guinea pig, should have a FG in the garge soon to.