Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: HOW TO: Setting up Fuel Trim Graph in VCM Scanner V3 on Virtual VE Vehicles

Pretty much. A few of these I had to go back and edit pics later to make things more clear, so probably messed up a label or something somewhere along the way when re-creating the setups.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

So on stock cam are you guys zeroing out the Cam angle for part throttle and just tuning part throttle at 0 deg VVE? Or are you forcing each degree of angle 0-20 on each flash and tuning 20x VE tables? :0

Just curious. Seems zeroing out the part throttle stuff and leaving it that way so you only have to tune 1 VVE is the simpliest way.

Advanced Tuner
    When I pull up the VE table to edit, it has MAP/BARO Pressure Ratio, not MAP. What now? Capture.PNG

Use pressure ratio instead...?

The process is the same regardless. Just adjust to match whatever your VE table is in.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    You have to hit calculate coefficient before it'll let you go to any of the other tables, so make changes - smooth or whatever you prefer - calculate coefficients - copy the table that is now present - go to next table - past - calculate - next table - paste - calculate - and on and on

Otherwise you'll lose all of the changes you've made - which sucks :/
    I'm sorry to revive an old post, but since I use this a my go-to reference at times, ^^ This post had me question how I was doing it. So with this method posted, both 3d models for "Manifold Switch Closed" & "Manifold Switch Open" should be the exact same model just as the (DOD) models are the same, correct?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, all tables match. I don't have DOD- displacement on demand/cylinder cancellation on my vehicle so all tables match. I assume you will be turning the feature off as most do.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for confirming DGS.

Potential Tuner
    1,9hw

Tuner in Training
    I just wanted to say thank you so much for this clear, concise and informative step by step procedure. When i purchased the HPTuners MVPI 2, this is what i envisioned a manual would provide.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If you want to tune just the VVE, then yes you do.

If you want to tune mainly the MAF, then set the dynamic airflow setting much lower at like 200rpm, then switch it back when you are done with both to have the best of both.
    Hey there, I was reading and learning and ran across this post you answered ("do I have to disable MAF?")
    When I read your response, I had never seen/heard anyone else ever mention anything like this, I was wondering if you might expand on it a little bit. Everyone say to "error out MAF", disable several items, then tune.
    From how I understood what you said, you could tune MAF and VE pretty much simultaneously. Is there actually a way to do this for everything except WOT runs? (I'm trying to get WB ordered and installed for this)
    If this is the case, your directions would be quite helpful, i.e. what to do with PE and other items typically disabled for just MAF tuning, and which of these should still be done.

Thanks in advance, and by the way, can I ask your first name?

Again, Thanks!

@5FDP
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

"To explain the lure of speed you would have to explain human nature; but it is easier understood than explained...Speed is the second oldest animal craving in our nature..." -- T. E. Lawrence
    2000 Regal GSE
    2007 Trailblazer SS

Potential Tuner

VCM Scanner data only in 1.00

I have setup my scanner the way the steps showed. I am only collecting data in one row 1.00. Am I doing something wrong here? Did I miss a step somewhere? Struggling to get this plotted out properly so I can tune my VVE. Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

2018 2SS 1LE M6
    2" Long Tubes No cats
    NPP muffler
    CAI
    Flex Fuel SensorVVE Logging only in one area.png

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 18SS1LE View Post
    I have setup my scanner the way the steps showed. I am only collecting data in one row 1.00. Am I doing something wrong here? Did I miss a step somewhere? Struggling to get this plotted out properly so I can tune my VVE. Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

2018 2SS 1LE M6
    2" Long Tubes No cats
    NPP muffler
    CAI
    Flex Fuel SensorVVE Logging only in one area.png
    You need to change your axis to "Pressure Ratio" instead of MAP. Your VVE table is using MAP/BARO (Pressure Ratio)
    Choose Pressure Ratio in Maths

Tuner in Training
    Thankyou Sir, I wanted this, started on this, found your post and folllowed step by step - works like a dream, awesome.

Tuner in Training
    Would I be right in thinking this is measuring while in closed loop only? So if you had to open loop coming on real early it would negate the info say after 50kPa as the ST & LTFT are off? If so for narrow band sensors it could be valuable to extend closed loop activation to get a wider picture as such? Thanks