Thread: Issues with 3.0 scanner. Post here.

Issues with 3.0 scanner. Post here.

Regarding the 3.0 Upgrade. I'm sure it's been brought up in the large thread going, but I cannot read 850 posts at this time.

No issues at all with the 3.0 editor. Works great !

The 3.0 Scanner has many issues for me. I keep updating each morning hoping the scanner issues have been resolved, looks like they have not.

Anyone elses scanner for a 14 year old Gen 3 car look like this ? All main gauges not working ?

screen shot.jpg

On the Scanner, working with 3rd Gen LS series for example, the default scanner does not pick up simple gauges like rpm, speedo, ECT, MAP, KR, Throttle position, Injector DC.
    Tried several of my old 2.24 config files, none work.

ok attempt #1 Right clicking into Gauges Layout, manual input the first and one of the most important gauges. RPM. Parameter/general/ Click Engine RPM (SAE). Does not work. Tried the other 3 options, (engine rpm), RPM from crank sensor, rpm from cam sensor) none work.

Attempt #2 Engine coolant Temp, tried all 3 options, none work.

#3 Map sensor, no options work.

so again got some issues.

But here is whats strange. I have a log from 6 months ago on a boosted vette, Gen 3 engine. I can read the log with all sensors working just like I was able to do so in 2.24.

SO. Is there an easy fix for this. Sorry if it's a repeat, just thought I would start a new conversation.

Clint

Senior Tuner
    You have to first configure your channel selections before anything else will work. The default is too generic to just connect and go. Just like 2.24, it has to be in the channel (table) display to be used for other charts and plots.
    Jaime

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Any chance of getting the lock and unlock feature working like EFI live. Pain in the arse tuning an E38, LS1B with HP then having to lock it with EFI live