Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2004 F250 won't read vin

Tuner in Training judeisnotobscure's Avatar
    I'm hesitant to post the address publicly for several reasons.
    1- this is an hpt forum which I enjoy being a member of. This would directly circumvent Hpt's licensing.
    2- if you don't know what you are doing and change the vin with out the correct checksum you will have a nice 6000lb paperweight.
    3- mostly #1

I'd be happy to help in certain cases with changing a vin but must be a legit reason.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    I'm not interested in circumventing the licensing. I'm only interested in solving the vin issue that I've so far skated around by using an sct or other tuner to rewrite vins.

Yeah i have been having an issue with my 2003 trucks and hpt support basically said get a new pcm would like to know this as well. HPT never even asks me for a vin just does the read and then tells me i cant license

Try updating your software. It should let you enter a VIN.

what version did that start in last one i tried was 3.0.57

Quote Originally Posted by richsoucie View Post
    what version did that start in last one i tried was 3.0.57
    That one should work. When you hit Gather Info, does it not ask you to enter a VIN? If not, can you post a screenshot of that screen?

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    That one should work. When you hit Gather Info, does it not ask you to enter a VIN? If not, can you post a screenshot of that screen?
    ex2.png