Thread: Licensing issues with the 3.0

Potential Tuner

Licensing issues with the 3.0

Hoping someone can help, upgraded to 3.0 and it keeps asking me to license tunes and vehicles I have already licensed?? I tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling It with no luck, also have One vehicle on the dyno now shows the tune is licensed but when I got to write calibration and it shows the vehicle is unlicensed even though it is??? Any help greatly appreciated

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Update to the newest 3.0, if that doesn't fix it email support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    updated to the 3.0. Sent email to support

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HotRodG8 View Post
    Hoping someone can help, upgraded to 3.0 and it keeps asking me to license tunes and vehicles I have already licensed?? I tried uninstalling the software and reinstalling It with no luck, also have One vehicle on the dyno now shows the tune is licensed but when I got to write calibration and it shows the vehicle is unlicensed even though it is??? Any help greatly appreciated
    You might want to read this thread http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...ays-no-license

If you notice, they copied your licensed VINs in software and you can see your list even without connecting to interface. I guess it will be the same (with any version) if you connected your interface to another computer with fresh install and start tuning without hitting VCM suite info after you pasted your key. Guess V3.0 install wipes out this stuff.

Tuner
    I had the same problem. Sent my files to support and they said to download the latest version of the software which worked. I am now running V3.0.20. Check your version in Help>About.

This just happened to me while on the dyno. 2015 Mustang and now it says unlicensed vehicle. I can redownload my file, I can open it, I don't have to license it, but it won't let me flash the car now. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie1134 View Post
    This just happened to me while on the dyno. 2015 Mustang and now it says unlicensed vehicle. I can redownload my file, I can open it, I don't have to license it, but it won't let me flash the car now. Weird.
    Did you originally license this vehicle with 2.25? Please e-mail support referencing this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    Did you originally license this vehicle with 2.25? Please e-mail support referencing this thread.
    I believe that might be the case. It was a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    It was definitely tuned with a beta 2.25 back in May 2015.