Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AFR Error Not Working

AFR Error Not Working

I feel like I'm doing this right but it isn't working. I asked about it in another thread but I haven't solved it so I thought I'd start a new thread just for this problem. Here are the steps I'm doing to log AFR Error. I have the same problem trying to get EQ Error but to keep it simple I'll just refer to AFR Error. I started a fresh channel list for this but I was originally trying to add to the default list. The results are the same.

First I add Commanded AFR
    ScrnSht1.jpg

Then I add MVPI Pro A/D Input 1
    ScrnSht2.jpg

Then I transform the MVPI input to my AFX AFR sensor
    ScrnSht3.jpg

Now I should be able to add a Math Parameter for AFR error, right? Here's what happens:
    ScrnSht4.jpg

The AFR Error is pink like I'm not logging the sensor so it won't let me add the math parameter. Can anyone see where I'm going wrong?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 Tahoe
    Iron ls2, built up 4l60e w/vig 3000 stall, 232/234 114, 4.30s, LTs, ORY NNBS intake and LS2 TB etc.

Fighting solves everything...
    ...except partial differential equations.

Click here to combine multiple VE Logs into one.

Tuner in Training
    I'm going through the same thing but with AEM. But you need to go to the parameter selection and click the 1-9 at the top. Find the ID for your AFX and use that instead. Try it and see what happens.

Tuner in Training
    So in your case the ID for the AFX is 40060. If that still doesn't work, which mine did not, try using 30001. Which is the ID for input 1. I just did that and the pink went away. I have not tried it on the truck yet.

I spent a few minutes trying to figure out what you mean but I didn't figure it out. I just keep trying all the same things. This made for a shitty tuning day today. I read all of the complaints in the V3.0 thread and I though, ah, I'll be able to figure it out but that was not a good move. Luckily I didn't throw away my old laptop that still had 2.24 on it so I could get my work done today.
    2006 Tahoe
    Iron ls2, built up 4l60e w/vig 3000 stall, 232/234 114, 4.30s, LTs, ORY NNBS intake and LS2 TB etc.

I think I see what you're saying. 40060 is already in my Math Parameter. 30001 make the pink go away but it isn't transformed. I don't think that will work.
    2006 Tahoe

Tuner in Training
    But it's transformed in the channel so might be worth trying. So how do you add a user math to your channel? I click add channel and user is not in the list.

I never got it to work but the only one I made was a copy of the AFR Error so not all the variables were available. I figured it would populate the channel list if all of the variables were available but I'm just guessing.
    2006 Tahoe

Tuner in Training
    It's not populating in the list. If you get it figured out let me know. I'll do the same.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmerichLSx View Post
    But it's transformed in the channel so might be worth trying. So how do you add a user math to your channel? I click add channel and user is not in the list.
    Maths are virtual, they cannot be added to the channel list. They can only, currently, be applied to the charts and graphs, etc.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    k I think I see the problem u need to make an user defined parameter that includes the wideband which is "input 1"? so open math parameters and click an unused user defined slot then over to the right side click new variable then parameter when next box opens then select from external input the one that you using we will call it the first one for this example so its ID is [30001.10] go through the same steps an add afr commanded also [50121]. so your new math parameter should look like this I think 100*([30001.10]-[50121])/[50121]

so a recap create a user defined math para like this 100*([30001.10]-[50121])/[50121] its looked like you had the correct stuff in the cannel list so add this and then reference it in you graph layout and it should populate hope this helps

Tuner in Training
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg in the fourth pic units needs to be %. also be sure your using the same sensor be it generic or not in your math parameter and you channel list. this help any
    Last edited by drj8787; 02-14-2016 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    Maths are virtual, they cannot be added to the channel list. They can only, currently, be applied to the charts and graphs, etc.
    Oh. I see. Next time I have a chevy to hook up to I'll try to make a graph with afr error. I was expecting to see it in the channel list.

Tuner in Training
    if you logged the commanded afr and the wideband and they are in the channel list then you can make a graph now while viewing the log after the fact not hooked up to the car and it start working as long as everything you need is logged in the channels. so you don't have to wait if you have the time to mess with pull up a log and try out what I posted above

I didn't log anything. I had to get the tune done so I dig my old computer out and used it. I'll get some data from a guys truck at work tomorrow. I appreciate all the input from you guys. I think I'm really going to like v3 once I figure it out. It's really pretty damn slick.

Quote Originally Posted by axekick View Post
    Oh. I see. Next time I have a chevy to hook up to I'll try to make a graph with afr error. I was expecting to see it in the channel list.
    Math Parameters don't go in channel list (old Table) anymore. I'm sorry I didn't ascertain that was an element of the confusion. They are only used in the Graphs and Charts for display and processing. Also in developing a Math Parameter equation, you cant insert another Math parameter. You would have to replicate the math parameter function equation you wanted to include as originally written.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Math Parameters don't go in channel list (old Table) anymore. I'm sorry I didn't ascertain that was an element of the confusion. They are only used in the Graphs and Charts for display and processing. Also in developing a Math Parameter equation, you cant insert another Math parameter. You would have to replicate the math parameter function equation you wanted to include as originally written.

Ed M
    That's what I was also confused about.

That's what I was also confused about.
    The last rule I forgot was that what ever parameter the Math Equation uses, that parameter needs to be in the Channel table...but that was the same in 2.24.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Thanks everyone. I'll be ready for my next tune. I really like the way this new software is setup. I don't think the learning curve will be bad and it will be worth it to get through.
    2006 Tahoe

Tuner in Training
    We're you able to get this to work? I've got AFR commanded and MPVI.1 AEM in my channel and they are working. I've got the math set up like this. 100*([30001.10]-[50121])/[50121]. I've got all the proper column and row axis values entered in the graph display. I just can't get any data to populate for my WB in the graph or the chart vs time.

We're you able to get this to work? I've got AFR commanded and MPVI.1 AEM in my channel and they are working. I've got the math set up like this. 100*([30001.10]-[50121])/[50121]. I've got all the proper column and row axis values entered in the graph display. I just can't get any data to populate for my WB in the graph or the chart vs time.
    Post the Log, your channel.xml, graph.xml and chart.xml. also post the math for your error. I'll take a look at it for you.

When you input the AFR err into the Math.Users do you see any of the parameters shaded pink under equation? If so, then you most likely are no logging (Channel parameter) the correct parameters. Try these to tutorial videos as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru_2M2uGSKs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1VWfwmic1E

Ed M

[email protected]