Thread: 2 and 3 bar MAP PIDs missing in 3.0?

2 and 3 bar MAP PIDs missing in 3.0?

Was tuning a Turbo LS with the 2bar OS yesterday. I pulled over my old 2.24 config I use. Was unable to locate any of the 2 or 3 bar parameters in the list to get the chart to function properly while tuning. Had to go back to 2.24 and remove 3.0 to tune it. Can we get these added? Really like 3.0 so far

They have not been removed.

Contact support with a VCM Suite info log connected to the vehicle.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt@MMP View Post
    Was tuning a Turbo LS with the 2bar OS yesterday. I pulled over my old 2.24 config I use. Was unable to locate any of the 2 or 3 bar parameters in the list to get the chart to function properly while tuning. Had to go back to 2.24 and remove 3.0 to tune it. Can we get these added? Really like 3.0 so far
    They are in there for me on the P01/P59 ECUs I've done. Have you tried to search at the top of the Add Channel window for "manifold" or something similar? It filters pretty well, even with just "m" it will filter anything with an m. Also, if you have connected to it using 2.25 in the past, select "Repoll for Supported Parameters" to get a fresh .upf file. There was a bug in 2.25 that didn't get all the PIDs on the custom OSs and 3.0 uses the same .upf OS reference file.
    Jaime

I just installed the latest update. I'll have to wait for the car or another car to come back with that set up to try again. Yes I searched and only saw the generic Manifold absolute pressure parameters. Nothing stating 2 or 3 bar.. I'll try again soon and report back..
    Thanks all,
    Matt

They are there if you just search for 3 bar you will find it

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@MMP View Post
    I just installed the latest update. I'll have to wait for the car or another car to come back with that set up to try again. Yes I searched and only saw the generic Manifold absolute pressure parameters. Nothing stating 2 or 3 bar.. I'll try again soon and report back..
    Thanks all,
    Matt

Are you using an additional MAP sensor connected to the external inputs on the HP Tuners interface, or are you using a 2-3 bar map as the primary MAP on the vehicle?

If it's the primary MAP then the generic MAP sensor reading should be all you need. If the reading is being properly reported to the ECM then the generic MAP sensor parameter will work correctly in Scanner. It doesn't care if the sensor has a range of 1 bar or 3.

I'm using a 2.5 bar sensor on my E40 and it works just fine. There is also a built in Boost parameter that you can use instead of having to make one.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Are you using an additional MAP sensor connected to the external inputs on the HP Tuners interface, or are you using a 2-3 bar map as the primary MAP on the vehicle?

If it's the primary MAP then the generic MAP sensor reading should be all you need. If the reading is being properly reported to the ECM then the generic MAP sensor parameter will work correctly in Scanner. It doesn't care if the sensor has a range of 1 bar or 3.

I'm using a 2.5 bar sensor on my E40 and it works just fine. There is also a built in Boost parameter that you can use instead of having to make one.
    That only applies to E40 and up. P01/P59 have a custom 2/3 bar PID related to the OS used.

Matt, did you get this situation figured out?
    Last edited by ElecTech; 02-22-2016 at 01:40 PM.

That would be what happens when one only works on gen 4 and newer stuff

Advanced Tuner
    Need this resolved ASAP. When I select 2 bar map in the scanner I get a 0kpa reading. Come on guys, fix this please.

Lifting, lowering, bolt on performance for any vehicle. In house CNC services. Turn key Sand Rails, Quads, ATV, UTV. Wheels and Tires.
    Dynojet 424LC and 250IX Certified Tuning Center
    335 Kietzke Lane, Reno, NV. 89502
    P: 775.327.4400 - F: 775.327.4401 - Email: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by sikgmc View Post
    Need this resolved ASAP. When I select 2 bar map in the scanner I get a 0kpa reading. Come on guys, fix this please.
    It's probably not a software bug, but instead, an issue with your channel configuration or layout.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner
    I load up my 2 bar pid and it won?t work, I?ve deleted the other map pids and it still won?t read, stays at zero