Thread: Tow/Haul light on after flash

Tuner

Tow/Haul light on after flash

I have a 2004.5 Cummins with NV5600 manual. I've flashed it a few times, but only once since HPT 3.0 came out. Now my tow/haul light flashes on and off, but not really in a sequence, just whenever it feels like it (No fault codes). I need to try and flash it back to stock to see if it gets rid of it, just thought I'd share in case anyone else is noticing this.

Potential Tuner
    I have a similar issue with my 2004.5 NV5600 equipped truck. Mine is constantly on though, no flashing. First time I flashed my truck, thought it was something I accidentally changed in my tune. Haven't seen anything that sticks out though so I'm lost.

Potential Tuner
    I also have the same issue. My 05 with g56 has the tow/haul light on once i flash a tune into the ecm. Thats not the only problem. When i was taking my truck for a test drive it would runaway on me. Id click it in 3rd gear and it would free rev to 3500rpms multiple times.

Tuner
    Not good!! I haven't had that, but even with the latest update I still have to tow/haul light coming and going

Quote Originally Posted by Crannell291 View Post
    I also have the same issue. My 05 with g56 has the tow/haul light on once i flash a tune into the ecm. Thats not the only problem. When i was taking my truck for a test drive it would runaway on me. Id click it in 3rd gear and it would free rev to 3500rpms multiple times.
    You either have non zero values in the left column of your IPW table, or you've modified the low throttle pedal map too much if you get a runaway condition.

-Mike
    Last edited by Turbo_Mike; 03-02-2016 at 10:01 PM.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Crannell291 View Post
    Same truck with same issue. Tow/Haul light will flicker at random. Edit: Fixed.
    Last edited by poulioteri; 03-20-2016 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poulioteri View Post
    Same truck with same issues. Main IPW map has all zeros in the 0 column. I did mod the pedal map to be linear and max at 145mm3. My thought is clutch slip that's causing RPM runaway.
    Cant do it like that. The ECU is bad at interpollation. If you make the 25% row higher than stock values it makes it do incorrect math coming down to idle.

IMO the gas pedal map is not correctly labeled. I believe it's load % not gas pedal%. And if you rescale the first row (25%) it makes it not return to idle like you think it would.
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Mike View Post
    Cant do it like that. The ECU is bad at interpollation. If you make the 25% row higher than stock values it makes it do incorrect math coming down to idle.

IMO the gas pedal map is not correctly labeled. I believe it's load % not gas pedal%. And if you rescale the first row (25%) it makes it not return to idle like you think it would.
    So would you like to explain how after thousands of tunes I've sent out between EFI and HPT all having the 25% row with higher than stock values...and never a single problem until now with HP and only with manual files?

If your theory was correct, you'd be hearing about run away conditions with autos as well.
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    HP Tuners BETA Tester for 2003-2005 Cummins
    [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    I feel everything is pretty much dialed in but still getting tow/haul light.
    Last edited by poulioteri; 03-20-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    So would you like to explain how after thousands of tunes I've sent out between EFI and HPT all having the 25% row with higher than stock values...and never a single problem until now with HP and only with manual files?

If your theory was correct, you'd be hearing about run away conditions with autos as well.

It's not necessarily a "runaway", more like a delayed response. The auto trucks do it as well. You don't notice it as bad because the converter unlocks when you get off the throttle and people are used to slowing down the truck with the brake pedal with autos. And you can make changes, just not signifigant ones. If you have the 25% row over 50 MM3 you will get a delayed response of DFCO when you get out of the throttle.
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Tuner
    Problem solved. Message from support

"Hello, the issue has been solved. It is related to switch 7871 "Limiter B". Please reset this switch to "Enabled" and your issue will be resolved. This will be corrected in a future update"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by muz79 View Post
    Problem solved. Message from support

"Hello, the issue has been solved. It is related to switch 7871 "Limiter B". Please reset this switch to "Enabled" and your issue will be resolved. This will be corrected in a future update"
    Confirmed. Version 3.0.55+ with sparated fuel limiting. Almost a week without Tow/Haul flicker.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by poulioteri View Post
    Confirmed. Version 3.0.55+ with sparated fuel limiting. Almost a week without Tow/Haul flicker.
    Figures i just pinned it down to that too
    2005 Cummins 325/600 G56 3.73
    Reving to 4800
    Worked Head, Twin Disc, BBI

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamofo View Post
    Figures i just pinned it down to that too
    Bamofo what do u know... get out of here your not a "professional" tunar!!! Joking of course my friend

Tuner in Training
    FWIW i have my 25% column on my throttle map modified over factory settings quite a bit... I don't have any run away issues or notice any slower to come to idle issues. I have an 05 auto truck btw. I would think a run away condition would be in the duration mapping.

You would think so, however most of the trucks in question will not return to idle even with any simple adjustment to the file.
    Les Szmidt
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    HP Tuners BETA Tester for 2003-2005 Cummins
    [email protected]