Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Setup AFR / Lambda ERROR Graphs vs. VE Table (non Virtual VE Vehicles)

Advanced Tuner
    here's what i have right now

layout2.pnglayout1.png

I've had that red highlighting happen before even though I was logging the correct thing (was on my WB for me too).. not sure why.

Try it and see what happens. I haven't looked over the formula yet.

Tuner in Training
    It seems a common theme how to "see" (so it isn't red/pink in the math channel) the Transformed A/D Wideband in the Math Channel.
    I have been pouring over this and can't seem to be able to select the correct channel in Maths so that the Wideband is AF instead of V. Could someone please explain this?

I tried posting screen shots but they don't seem to post.

I am using an Innovate LM-1 that I have on AD1 then transformed it using a standard O2 sensor transform. It reads correctly showing proper O2 in the channel as well as graph. When I try to enter a math to create WB 02 error I can't see anything except the O2 voltage.
    Last edited by TurboCamaro; 03-05-2016 at 01:33 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    I've had that red highlighting happen before even though I was logging the correct thing (was on my WB for me too).. not sure why.

Try it and see what happens. I haven't looked over the formula yet.
    I'll try it. Changing units to phi didn't help any.

If thats the case, you don't need to develop a Math parameter to develop Lambda error.

Channel -- Transform the WB to lambda so it is EQ Ratio sensor (looks like you did that), pick Equivalence Commanded channel (again looks like you did)

Chart -- Select Equivalance Ratio Commanded by (Generic sensors>Engine>Fuel>Commanded/Desired), Select Air/Flow Ratio (sensor) by (Generic Sensors>Engine>Oxygen Sensors>Air/Fuel Ratio) and select AFR Error (Math) by (Math>Lambda & AFR>EQ Ratio Error)

Graphs should be self explanatory at this point

Update -- Make sure all sensor/sae and units designators match throughout the Channel, Chart, Math and Graph flow

Ed M
    Last edited by mowton; 03-05-2016 at 01:43 PM.
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by TurboCamaro View Post
    It seems a common theme how to "see" (so it isn't red/pink in the math channel) the Transformed A/D Wideband in the Math Channel.
    I have been pouring over this and can't seem to be able to select the correct channel in Maths so that the Wideband is AF instead of V. Could someone please explain this?

I tried posting screen shots but they don't seem to post.

I am using an Innovate LM-1 that I have on AD1 then transformed it using a standard O2 sensor transform. It reads correctly showing proper O2 in the channel as well as graph. When I try to enter a math to create WB 02 error I can't see anything except the O2 voltage.
    Post a screenshot or something that shows it happening

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    If thats the case, you don't need to develop a Math parameter to develop Lambda error.

Channel -- Transform the WB to lambda so it is EQ Ratio sensor (looks like you did that), pick Equivalence Commanded channel (again looks like you did)

Chart -- Select Equivalance Ratio Commanded by (Generic sensors>Engine>Fuel>Commanded/Desired), Select Air/Flow Ratio (sensor) by (Generic Sensors>Engine>Oxygen Sensors>Air/Fuel Ratio) and select AFR Error (Math) by (Math>Lambda & AFR>EQ Ratio Error)

Graphs should be self explanatory at this point

Ed M
    Ok I'll give it a shot. Thank you. Setting up graphs and customizing the chart are all but second nature now that I've finally had time to work with it. I'm just starting to get the hang of the maths stuff. I'm still not totally clear on the generic sensor stuff and when/why to use specific ones, but I'm coming around. Thanks again for the help, if I have any other issues I'll be right back in here, lol.

Tuner in Training
    Channel.jpg
    [attach=config]57063[/attach

Tuner in Training
    Math.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm looking at mine and it's doing the exact same thing.. but the math parameters work anyways, so I believe this is a bug (showing up in red, that is)

Tuner in Training
    Yes, it seems to be working now. But it is still pink.

Is there a way to copy from the scanner chart (AF error) the multiply it into the MAF and VVE table?

Advanced Tuner
    Same as in 2.24, right click top left corner of the graph in the scanner, "copy", then paste special-multiply% in the editor software

Tuner in Training
    Thanks
    Was close to pulling the other software out but it's coming around

Tuner in Training
    I have followed and every thing was easy. I have the graphs but the do not fill any cells when I drive. All the other graphs work and fill? Help

Post log and layout

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Post log and layout
    Screaming people to take care of but will try so far I have only posted a screen shot so all posting logs is new but I have to learn

awesome tutorial, thanks for taking the time to make this thread, thanks!~

No problem. I'm going to get off my butt and make some more of these soon
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Im sorry if I missed this in the thread as I didnt take the time to read the entire thing.....

But HOW does the Lambda Error know WHAT analog input you are giving it to calculate this? The calculation is commanded/actual. The commanded comes from the PCM, but where do you TELL it to look at the actual from your wideband? And it doesnt give you the option to scale your analog 0-5V signal however you want? I have 2 widebands (1 for each bank) and want to make 2 VE AFR ERROR histographs...I need to choose 1 signal for 1 graph, and the other signal for the other graph...where is this available? This was straight forward in V2 but I am not seeing it in V3. Thanks for the feedback

Nevermind I found the math parameters manager...starting to make sense now where these come from and how I can modify/add them. Thanks