Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Setup AFR / Lambda ERROR Graphs vs. VE Table (non Virtual VE Vehicles)

You could create a math parameter that averages the WB reading over 100-200 miliseconds which would help smooth it out

Or you could use a capacitor to help filter the signal some

Are you connected directly to ground or is your WB/HPT grounded somewhere else?

Looks like you are very zoomed in in that screenshot which will make just about anything look rough

Quote Originally Posted by transamworldwide View Post
    Hey Guys,
    new to HP Tuners
    My LC1 inputs are noisy
    I've turned the settings in the innovate down to 1/3 p/s
    need help
    Attachment 56698
    Start by double checking your ground. That will cause issues.

Man, so the built in tables aren't there anymore? SMH. Le sigh... Oh well, at least you showed how to easily populate the axis values. Thanks.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Nope, built in aren't there anymore. They were old/outdated/barely worked on common applications and didn't on everything else, so they is gone

It's not bad to copy/paste them over though.. and it's not like they change every day or anything, so it's a pretty quick setup when you need to change them. I prefer making one big VE correction table anyways that covers VE and boost VE all on one screen

Advanced Tuner
    Having an issue with the lambda error histogram at WOT....everything has worked fine up until making a WOT pull. The Commanded EQ Ratio goes to 1.17, instead of .85....which throws the error way off that i'm logging on my MAF frequency graph, so i can't apply the changes to the calibration. what do i have wrong? i notice when i change the units from lambda to phi, it seems to read correct, but i haven't logged it yet that way, just been playing with a log to see if i can figure it out. Should i be logging commanded EQ in phi instead of lambda? or what? i know the two are just inverse of each other but i feel like something else must be wrong somewhere and i can't figure it out.

lambda error.png

Different ECM's report commanded EQ ratio different unfortunately. Some report as it should, i.e. EQ = 1 / commanded lambda. Others (E38 and newer) display commanded lambda when you're logging EQ ratio. I don't have HPT with me right now to tell you the exact formula, but you can check out the current lambda error parameter and invert the EQ ratio portion (as a new math parameter that is..). If you have trouble I'll post the formula tomorrow if someone else hasn't by then

I would just setup a new lambda error math parameter that takes this into account. It's obviously inverted on yours...
    Last edited by schpenxel; 03-04-2016 at 10:02 PM.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Advanced Tuner
    its an older P01 controller

Yeah that's probably why.. though my E40 reported it correctly (i.e. really as EQ ratio) in 2.24 and then the lambda error stuff still works on V3 for mine. It may just need a tweak on their side to make it work automatically on V3 for the older P01 controllers

Regardless, inverting one part of one formula will have it working

Advanced Tuner
    so log it in units of phi or do i need to add/modify a math parameter?

I'd just make another math parameter to make it work. You can try changing the units you're logging in first though. Might as well since that's easy

Lambda = 1/EQ or Lambda = WB actual /commanded stoich AFR

Ed
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    i'll try it but suspect it wont work. when i open the log and change the units, the error on the graph doesn't change.

Advanced Tuner
    does this look right?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_SS View Post
    does this look right?
    No...its 100*([40160.238]-50118.238])/[50118.238]

You need to clear up the issue with 40160...red shaded

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Ok thank you, I'll go back over it today when I get back to work on this car and see what I was thinking. I thought the red meant something was wrong.

Usually red means you aren't logging that parameter or something it needs.. but you are, so that is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Usually red means you aren't logging that parameter or something it needs.. but you are, so that is weird.
    It could have gone wrong in the transform (is it a user defined?) Make sure all the applicable channels and elements are consistant as far as sensor vs sae. If that doesn't work post the log, layout and math.xml(s) and we'll take a look.

Ed M

[email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    I can't figure out why the 40160 is still red. What causes that? Do I not have something set up right in the channels or do I need to change something somewhere else. I can't figure it out.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, sorry I didn't see the above posts....give me a minute

Advanced Tuner
    It isn't user defined, im using the included NGK AFX transform