Thread: How to put 2012 Jeep SRT8 into Dyno Mode with HP?

Tuner in Training

How to put 2012 Jeep SRT8 into Dyno Mode with HP?

Hi there,

We are trying to dyno a 2012 jeep srt8. It locks into 3 gear and will not upshift or down shift.
    We just dynoed a 2014 and just pulled the tcase actuator with no other changes and could dyno with no issues.
    Does any body have any ideas? I did read about setting the displacement to 0 and that did nothing.

I do have some U codes that came up after flashing with HP and can not clear with hp could this be the issue?

Thanks

Nolan
    Last edited by 10secTy; 02-17-2016 at 05:46 PM.

Mike at OST provided the following information:

For the newer cars I just slowly drive from 0 to about 40mph, shifting 1st through 3rd and the traction control pops off. You will feel the brakes start to grab but the will release at about 40mph and the dash will light up (brake, traction control etc). Once the car is in dyno mode it will stay there so you can bring the car to a stop or shift to the desired gear and make a pull.

Just remember to go easy on the throttle until the dash lights up.
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Advanced Tuner
    We found the 2012 Jeep SRT to be unique. Even to the point that pulling the ABS fuse shuts off the fuel pump.

It didn't follow the rules mentioned above either.

So just lived with having to reset all codes with the snap on tool after every pull. This was with the tease aviator unplugged and displ set to 0.

I think setting the displacement back to stock fixes those U codes.

I wish we had a Trinity to mate to the car to try.

Even though we were able to run it in 3rd, it still behaved strangely.

This also happens with the JK Wranglers. The only option I could figure out was to run the vehicle in 4wd mode on the dyno.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Senior Tuner
    Go to the General Tab and set the displacement to 0.0L

EDIT: sorry just reread, youre saying even set to zero you got codes? U codes are usually a communication problem between the PCM and TCM.

I would suggest trying the procedure from OST Mike, worked for me too, as I had the identical issue with my 06 300C but was able to fix with the displacement setting, but could also get it into dyno mode by slowing accelerating. Basically what that does is the gyrometer goes into panic mode with the tires moving and no motion of the car, and shuts the entire ETC system down, IE dyno mode.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 02-18-2016 at 06:43 AM.

Senior Tuner
    One test I will do in a month or so is take a read with HP Tuners before and after using the diablo to set it into dyno mode and see what looks different. Seems to be different result than setting displacement to zero.

Senior Tuner
    what U codes specifically did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by RonSSnova View Post
    We found the 2012 Jeep SRT to be unique. Even to the point that pulling the ABS fuse shuts off the fuel pump.

It didn't follow the rules mentioned above either.

So just lived with having to reset all codes with the snap on tool after every pull. This was with the tease aviator unplugged and displ set to 0.

I think setting the displacement back to stock fixes those U codes.

I wish we had a Trinity to mate to the car to try.

Even though we were able to run it in 3rd, it still behaved strangely.
    I must spread some love again before adding to your rep. Thanks for the information.
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker

Advanced Tuner
    We installed a customer supplied Procharger kit on this. Because the results were very underwhelming, we will be doing it again with a smaller pulley.
    If I learn anything different, I'll let you all know.

Tuner in Training
    I had to clear the codes with the snap on scanner after each flash then slowly run the truck up till it set the ABS/traction control codes set then you could only run it in 3rd gear.

Thanks for the input.

Nolan