Thread: Question about Pyro, nguage and ndash for 05 cummins

Tuner in Training

Question about Pyro, nguage and ndash for 05 cummins

Hi folks,

I'm weighing my options as far as coming over from one of the competitors products. I wanted to see if the ndash or nguage works with the 2005 dodge cummins and if so, can it show transmission temp and is there any sort of pyrometer that can interface with it? My current platform has all that built into one screen...

Quote Originally Posted by WreckItRalph View Post
    Hi folks,

I'm weighing my options as far as coming over from one of the competitors products. I wanted to see if the ndash or nguage works with the 2005 dodge cummins and if so, can it show transmission temp and is there any sort of pyrometer that can interface with it? My current platform has all that built into one screen...
    I would say the edge CTS would be a good solution for what you want. No power or tuning, but a familiar screen that can show many gauges and interface with a pyrometer. I use an edge juice with attitude on my truck, both to stack tunes and to have an active gauge display with built in warnings and safety features. I run a good clean base tune with HP and add fuel on top with the edge depending on my mood and load.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Advanced Tuner
    Edge CTS is nice however it will not allow you to see your pyro in the scanner which in my opinion defeats the most powerful part of the HPTUNERS software. You can use a PLX gauge set up if you want OBD2 data and use their pyro gauge. The OBD2 gauge and the Pyrometer interface together on one gauge. Most importantly you get a 0-5v output pyro and have the ability to connect to the hptuners software allowing the full potential of data logging. You can also get the boost gauge and a few others from them.
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8