Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How many of you experienced code P1516?

Tuning Addict
    I'm posting an update on this just to more or less give people insight and possibly hope... First and foremost - Thank You HPTuners for adding these well needed TB parameters - these will always be needed...

Long story short as we all know or possibly the people with this problem have experienced - all this does is get rid of the REP - still won't do anything for the actual problem - IN FACT if you over shoot the test percentages such as the P2101 code - it can actually make the problem much worse (wouldn't recommend changing this to anything higher than 8 or 9 percent on the plus / negative settings)... AS LONG AS the actual problem is airflow across the throttle blade turning it into an airplane wing resulting in the stock TB motor being unable to maintain enough torque to hold the plate in "it's" commanded position - Nick Williams currently is working on a fix... He actually has two fixes and as soon as things become more readily available, his TB's in general shouldn't ever have a problem with this ever again...

The man happened to be at the half mile runs this last weekend with his prototype - we tested it on our 108TB that was having all sorts of fits with the plate opening and closing on it's own - problem immediately gone

I think a couple of other shops on here may have all ready tested his fix as well - with possibly a 100% fix rate so far? Thank You Nick for getting this sorted out - and in multiple ways - Thank You HPTuners for allowing us access to the necessary tables to deal with this...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Any videos of that Camaro running??

Tuning Addict
    Never could get a good run in at the half mile - clutch problems and all May have to wind up going to a different brand - spent the majority of the track waiting for the rpms to come down below 4000 to be able to put the tranny into the next gear - think our driver looked like a non-shifting idgit - he would take off stomping the car next to him, coast till he could put it in the next gear while meanwhile the car passes him, then he got it in the next gear and would jump out in front of the car beside him again - was actually kinda funny Stupid junk diaphragm in the pressure plate - had it happen to the same brand of clutch in two completely different cars - not too happy with that.... Might have some video on youtube of the last dyno pulls, but that's about it?

I'm just glad there's a fix for the throttle problems now
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

That does suck--though you guys probably still beat my MPH, lol

Throw a Mantic triple on it!
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuning Addict
    We were told to use Spec? Yeah coasting it still got something like 158 in the half - pathetic, but all things considering should be something around 170's when it gets all the bugs worked out?

~Greg Huggins~

Nice--yep, beat me even coasting part of the way. Wish I had gotten at least one more run in, oh well. I think running as high a percentage of race gas as I ended up running was a bad idea without having some time to see how high to go timing wise.

I don't know much about Spec--if they have a history of working on Camaro's at that level then that's what I'd use too. The Corvette world seems to love Mantic 9000's and they seem to do quite well. I've been running a Monster LT1-S but I've got to be near it's limit. They make a tripe but it is (or at least used to be) noisy as hell

Does this "tweak" also work on e40's or only 38/67?

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Does this "tweak" also work on e40's or only 38/67?
    If you were asking about the REP, not sure - you'll probably need to email Bill - don't think they're watching this thread any more?

If your asking about the TB fix, then guess it would depend on whether or not a LS3 style motor assembly can be used on the car - if not there is still a second "voltage controller" fix option that would be cheaper than the motor option - just don't know how well the TB motor will hold up yet...

~Greg Huggins~

We are getting this code on GenV cars as well. 2016 Z06 with a lower pulley turned it on for me. I just disabled it at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    If you were asking about the REP, not sure - you'll probably need to email Bill - don't think they're watching this thread any more?

If your asking about the TB fix, then guess it would depend on whether or not a LS3 style motor assembly can be used on the car - if not there is still a second "voltage controller" fix option that would be cheaper than the motor option - just don't know how well the TB motor will hold up yet...
    I was more curious about the REP mode--I only saw E37 and E67 mentioned by the HPT engineer in the thread, so wasn't sure if it'd work on E40's or not. Maybe I'll give it a shot and see what happens

Good morning, I know you guys have done alot of work on the 1516 issue and even have a fix for E38/67 setups, I had a customer at the track and he was getting P1516 REP yesterday with an LSX454 an NW102 TB using a P01 2004 OS from a corvette and DBW. I am not the tuner, he sought me out to help so the tune with a quick look had a few issues but known seem to correct his problem.

Could you please tell me what ECM 14048 and 14049 table do and would they help with this REP. Also, are the tables reversed? Upper looks like lower and lower looks like upper?...I am returning the Cracker and Follower back to stock in an effort to better align the Commanded and actual TPS% as a last ditch effort. After that he will reinstall the silver blade LS2 90mm to see if that corrects the issue.

Thank you so much,

Ed M

2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    i had this problem on my gen III 6.0 turboed. maxed out the associated tables and it still did it. had a stock 87mm truck tb with the x link. ended up having to scale the computer to make it go away. it was random and frequent.

I've begun adding this to E40 (should be available tomorrow) but no solution for Gen3 at this time.

Awesome!

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    I've begun adding this to E40 (should be available tomorrow) but no solution for Gen3 at this time.
    Could you guys please look at my post above and help with an answer.....

Thanks,

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Forgive my ignorance on how this works.. but what am I looking for to see if this has been added or not for my E40?

Never mind--found it on an E38. Doesn't look to be added on my E40 yet.
    Last edited by schpenxel; 07-07-2016 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Forgive my ignorance on how this works.. but what am I looking for to see if this has been added or not for my E40?

Never mind--found it on an E38. Doesn't look to be added on my E40 yet.
    Please e-mail support your file and reference this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Could you guys please look at my post above and help with an answer.....

Thanks,

Ed M
    Please provide the OSID.

Please e-mail support your file and reference this thread.
    Sent

Please provide the OSID.
    2004 Corvette ....attached is the controller/Vin/OSID info

Thank you

Ed M
    Attached Images Attached Images

[email protected]