Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: How many of you experienced code P1516?

We may have not added the parameter to all operating systems. Please send support all files that do not have the parameter after adding the slave segments.

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    We may have not added the parameter to all operating systems. Please send support all files that do not have the parameter after adding the slave segments.
    Cheers, will do once I get the car back.

Tuner in Training
    A lot has been added since 3.2 if that's what you are running. Try updating your software first.

Advanced Tuner
    I have a 2006 GTO E40 throwing a P1516 with a NW 102 dbw. I've only driven it one time (bad weather moving in). Is there a patch or workaround for this? It didn't go into REP but i haven't actually started tuning other than changing TB scaler and injector data.

Add slave data, save, close, reopen. Engine diag, airflow, should be some new parameters for p1516 tolerances. Increase them 7-10% and see what happens.

If they aren't there or you don't have option for add slave data then send file to support and request it be added

Advanced Tuner
    I did that and they told me they could not add slave segment data to the E40. What now?

The car is done and runs great. SES is on but hasn't gone into REP yet.

They did it for mine so I dunno. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000_SS View Post
    I did that and they told me they could not add slave segment data to the E40. What now?

The car is done and runs great. SES is on but hasn't gone into REP yet.
    For E40 there is no need to add a slave segment. It is read by default. You just need to email support and request the parameter to be added.

Even better. I knew I had access to it somehow

Advanced Tuner
    Emailed support, had a fresh Beta to download, now i the parameters are there.

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Advanced Tuner
    Can we revisit this for the P0059 computer?

04 Sierra Denali,370,S485B, Built 4L80E, 3barOLSD, E85

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Sierraslt View Post
    Can we revisit this for the P0059 computer?
    I am going through this on a p59 as well.

Potential Tuner
    I'm having troubles with a 0411 p01 as well in speed density closed loop.
    Last edited by northcorner; 11-28-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Also Guys i have the Same Issues with the P1516 if i give full Thorttel without starting the engine the Failure comes always. on my 2006 LS7 its that normal without any tune on hp Tuners.

I know i need Tune on my Car with Hp Tuners my question is that Throttelbody ok ? or is that faulty or is thar Problem because i dont i have any tune on my car.

thanks a lot

Tuner in Training
    I'm also having an issue with P1516, and P2101. I've done what this thread has said, and added the, "slave data" however, I do not see any added parameters for adjusting the criteria for P1516. Every time my customers goes into WOT, it goes into limp mode, and throws those 2 codes.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Sorry to bring up an old thread but im also having this problem..

2006 GTO (E40) with a magnacharger, OEM TB started acting up so got a replacement that said LS2 compatable. It turns out to be the Gold blade TB...

When changing the Positive/Negative value for P1516/P2102 Im not understanding the amount thats said to be changed. Do i multiply the value by 1.4 or do i Change it to 40%

Thanks for the help

Potential Tuner

The p1516 problem

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer@HPT View Post
    For E40 there is no need to add a slave segment. It is read by default. You just need to email support and request the parameter to be added.
    LOOKING THRU THE BOARD HERE, I HAVE A RESTO MOD WITH A 6.0 IN IT A GET THIS CODE ALSO. DID ANYONE EVER FIND A ANSWER??? I HAVEW A HP TUNER AND TORRIE FROM UNLEASHED HAS SENT ME SOME TUNES, BUT THIS PRBLEM KEEPS COMING BACK. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!! THANKS Dennis Cejmer

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DCEJMER View Post
    LOOKING THRU THE BOARD HERE, I HAVE A RESTO MOD WITH A 6.0 IN IT A GET THIS CODE ALSO. DID ANYONE EVER FIND A ANSWER??? I HAVEW A HP TUNER AND TORRIE FROM UNLEASHED HAS SENT ME SOME TUNES, BUT THIS PRBLEM KEEPS COMING BACK. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!! THANKS Dennis Cejmer
    It's easy just turn off the diagnostic portion that reads throttle body error. I had the same error and went it the diagnostic section and turned it off problem solved. Reading this form really show you how some tunning shops and even Hptuners doesnt give this as the answer. It's thst easy.