Thread: Front Facing Camera

Potential Tuner

Front Facing Camera

I found this thread from 2012 that was locked that said front facing camera functionality had been enabled, but I can't seem to figure out how.

http://forum.racerender.com/viewtopi...f1b64494fab96a

Update: As of TrackAddict 3.3 (available on both Android and iOS today), there is now a camera selection button to choose Off/Front/Back, independent of the quality slider. This gives users more control over the front camera's recording quality, adds support for devices with multiple independent back-facing cameras (ie LG G5), and provides a more intuitive setup process overall.

Previous Answer:

On the "Video" quality slider, the front camera option will be the very first choice to the right of "Off"... The available options will depend on your device and platform, but it should go something like Off -> Front -> 480p -> 720p -> 1080p -> 4K (for iPhone 6S only). The "Front" setting will use the front camera in its default resolution, which is typically 720p for iPhones.
    Last edited by Weston@HPTuners; 04-19-2016 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Updated

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, I had it on 1080 so I didn't even think to slide it left.

Tuner
    Why would you use the front camera? it's there for video calls, so you can see yourself, and if you turn the device around to get video of what's in front of you, you won't be able to tap the screen or see where the camera is aimed. Plus, usually the front camera is the inferior one.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarZ View Post
    Why would you use the front camera? it's there for video calls, so you can see yourself, and if you turn the device around to get video of what's in front of you, you won't be able to tap the screen or see where the camera is aimed. Plus, usually the front camera is the inferior one.
    Because the phone is mounted behind me. So if I use the rear primary camera I have to start it outside the car and then get I'm because I can't reach from the cabin.

If your only camera is mounted forward of you, you don't see the divers inputs which a) is a learning experience and b) makes for a more interesting video. Autocross looks pretty slow if you only have the road to see because it's not that fast.

Plus I can still record in 720p with the front.