Thread: E38 ECM Intercooler Control

E38 ECM Intercooler Control

The option for intercooler control it is there in the calibration, but does anyone know what connector & pin on the PCM to use?

I would like the intercooler to only come on when the engine is running, like the E67 functions on the LSA & LS9.

Thanks
    Last edited by VodeAn; 02-22-2016 at 05:30 PM.

Anyone?

tried this is my 14' Chevy SS, as the Holden HSV GTS version of my car has an LSA/E67, there was actually spots for the I/c relay and fuse in the main box under the hood. I looked up in SI, in the global mode set to AU, under a 14' GTS, but that's an E67. the pins were located in one of the outer connectors so I said hell with it ill try it anyway- no luck, no matter what I changed in the "supercharger" controls for the I/c it wouldn't show any power... so IMPO its a waste of time, not sure what car your trying to do this on, but I only wanted to do it cause I had an OEM relay and fuse spot! turns out I had to pin/wire those up too... tried pcm first, no signal for relay like I said, I tried several things in tune. sorry

I don't know of any boosted GM vehicle using an E38, despite the fact the "supercharger" controls show up on both PCMs under HPT- I honestly think the E38 physically does not have the drivers for supercharger and related controls.
    Last edited by kelleyperformance; 02-26-2016 at 04:18 AM.

Okay thanks, maybe I'll run it off a micro controller, I want to be able to leave the vehicle in run without the pump running.

Some vehicle functions, like the blower motor, only work in run. I want to use those functions without the added draw from the pump running.
    Last edited by VodeAn; 03-06-2016 at 11:30 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I know this is a really old thread, but I am wanting to do the exact same thing. Wouldn't the designated circuit on the pcm be a ground?

Tuner in Training
    I am interested in this as well, though I imagine it isn't a high priority for most people. Are there any other pins that can be repurposed to run the cooler pump relay only when the engine is running?

You could piggyback off the fuel pump relay control signal to run a separate relay. Other than the key-on prime cycle it's on anytime the engine is running, and off otherwise.

Advanced Tuner
    +1 on piggy backing off the fuel pump control, that's how my LS swap is configured, it's simple and effective. Instead of running the control side of the intercooler pump relay directly to 12v, connect it to the controlled 12v to the fuel pump.

Senior Tuner
    i wired up a bench harness and tested every spare pin to see if it switched in any way with the intercooler pump control but no go on the e38 so its either not there or need further code to get it to work, ive just been using ignition power trigger for relay to it

Senior Tuner
    With electric water pump installs I'll sometimes tie into the fuel pump trigger wire or FPCM turn on wire from the ECM. It will run for a few seconds on key on and then turn off until engine runs.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs