Thread: Best obd2 bluetooth device??

Best obd2 bluetooth device??

I used the app with good success last autox (segment mode) now that I know that you have to hit record each lap.

The data from the obd2 device only shows up about 75% of the laps though, some laps the app does not seem to capture the info? I am using a generic inexpensive one I got from Amazon IIRC. Is there a preferred brand of obd2 device that has a lot of success connecting with the app?

The high speed gps device (also bluetooth) has a 100% success connecting to the app.

Thanks.

For Android, the OBDLink MX Bluetooth is what we use the most. The less-expensive OBDLink LX Bluetooth model should work as well. The Bluetooth versions of the PLX Kiwi 1 & 2 will also work, but the newer Kiwi 3 will not work at this time (it uses an odd form of Bluetooth).

For iOS, the GoPoint BT1 or BT1A is the only supported Bluetooth option for that platform. The other iOS options will be WiFi-based, and there is an OBD Link MX WiFi model available, as well as the WiFi versions of the PLX Kiwi 1 & 2 WiFi (the 3 is not WiFi and does not work at this time).

I use the PLX Kiwi 2 with OBD Fusion on my iphone 6. As Weston said, the PLX Kiwi 2 is WiFi and I have had no problems with it. OBD Fusion is a nice App that provides plenty of configuration choices and so far, it is working well.

Quote Originally Posted by Weston@HPTuners View Post
    For Android, the OBDLink MX Bluetooth is what we use the most. The less-expensive OBDLink LX Bluetooth model should work as well. The Bluetooth versions of the PLX Kiwi 1 & 2 will also work, but the newer Kiwi 3 will not work at this time (it uses an odd form of Bluetooth).

For iOS, the GoPoint BT1 or BT1A is the only supported Bluetooth option for that platform. The other iOS options will be WiFi-based, and there is an OBD Link MX WiFi model available, as well as the WiFi versions of the PLX Kiwi 1 & 2 WiFi (the 3 is not WiFi and does not work at this time).
    Thanks, should have mentioned android.

Advanced Tuner
    OBDLink MX

Do you guys think, the obdlink mx would fix my problem with the "dropping out" of the data that I want to show on the video?

Advanced Tuner
    We have the same car and I have the MX. No issues recording 20 minute plus sessions

Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    We have the same car and I have the MX. No issues recording 20 minute plus sessions
    Thank you. I will order one off Amazon.

Who did you buy yours from?

Advanced Tuner
    Amazon as well. Love that prime

Here's a video. I use the XGPS 160 10hz unit as well. Camera is a sony AS-100V action cam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idSIOb2LiI4

Quote Originally Posted by aaronc7 View Post
    Amazon as well. Love that prime

Here's a video. I use the XGPS 160 10hz unit as well. Camera is a sony AS-100V action cam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idSIOb2LiI4
    Did you velcro the gps onto the dash?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, velcro. I had issues w/ generic velcro and the adhesive failing over time/sitting out in the heat. I bought this stuff, a bit higher quality and has been working well:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o02_s00

For whatever it's worth, this velcro has the best adhesive I've ever seen on velcro.. in case anyone ever needs something that is really strong

https://www.sounddeadenershowdown.co...velcro?-strips