Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How To: MAF Error Graph setup using HP Tuners 3.0

How To: MAF Error Graph setup using HP Tuners 3.0

Here is a link to demonstrate the process for setting up a MAF Error Graph using 3.0. Hope it helps.

https://youtu.be/F1VWfwmic1E

Thank you

Ed M

Update -- Per SonicEp81's comment, Step 1 is to connect to vehicle and load you Channels, including the ones describesd in this tutorial...thank you for the comment sir.
    Last edited by mowton; 02-24-2016 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Change Title
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for taking your time on doing this!! That's what the doctor ordered.. I was doing the same steps but missing one which to connect to a vehicle to update the channels did that and it popped up...
    Thanks again Mowton

Tuner in Training
    do you use a filter to not show unwanted data like deceleration, cause i get decel data on my cells when calibrating the MAF

Thanks Ed !

These step by step video are exactly what helps.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteZ View Post
    do you use a filter to not show unwanted data like deceleration, cause i get decel data on my cells when calibrating the MAF
    Yes. You can filter out fuel trim cells used during decel.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteZ View Post
    Add Fuel Trim Cell ([6310]) to your channel and chart and depending on your setup, and data you want to address generate a filter for a specifc value or a 2 part (AND) for a range. Use + < > to setup the equation.

Ed M

Fuel Trims LS1 V8
    0 - 15 defined by the LTFT RPM and MAP boundaries
    16 - Idle PN (AC on)
    17 - Idle PN (AC off)
    18 - Idle InGear (AC on)
    19 - Idle InGear (AC off)
    20 - Idle (EVAP closed)
    21 - Coastdown (EVAP closed)
    22 - Non-Idle (EVAP Closed)

Usually EVAP closes at WOT hence cell #22 is mostly used at WOT, but you will see it used during warmup (before evap purge begins). At WOT you will also see cell #15 if the EVAP purge opens (ie. vacuum drops enough for the purge to begin).

Fuel Trims LS2/LS7/L76, Cobalt SS 2.0L s/c and other later model vehicles that use RPM/MAP boundaries
    The LS2/7 and others have more cells but follow a similar pattern to the LS1:

EVAP Open
    16 - Idle PN (AC on)
    17 - Idle PN (AC off)
    18 - Idle InGear (AC on)
    20 - Decel

EVAP Closed
    21 - 36 defined by the LTFT RPM and MAP boundaries
    37 - Idle
    38 - Decel

Fuel Trims later LS3 and other later model vehicles that use Airflow Mode boundaries

EVAP Open
    0 - 5 defined by the LTFT Airflow Mode Purge On boundaries
    6 - Idle
    7 - Decel

EVAP Closed
    8 - 13 defined by the LTFT Airflow Mode Purge Off boundaries
    14 - Idle
    15 - Decel

Fuel Trims V6 vehicles
    0 = Idle
    1 = Decel
    2 = Light Load / Engine Not Running
    3 = High Load
    4 = Med Load
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Phil'sC5Vette View Post
    Thanks Ed !

These step by step video are exactly what helps.
    Thanks Phil, hope you are feeling better. Will try and get some more done this weekend.

Ed M

[email protected]

I was hoping you'd post that Ed!

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    Thanks Phil, hope you are feeling better. Will try and get some more done this weekend.

Ed M
    thank Ed, Im 90 %
    Ill be there helping in Stuart helping Mom and Dad , sunday, monday, and Tuesday I head back. we'll hook up. There's getting older so I can see making that trip once a month
    Last edited by Phil'sC5Vette; 02-27-2016 at 07:28 AM.

Tuner
    Learning a shit ton! Thanks everyone!!!!

Ed you using AFR error for finding the correction factor for MAF and VE. Its also possible to use STFT or LTFT instead of ARF error.
    Basically I use a innovate exhaust clamp... that clamp is not correct in low RPM. only for open loop AFR.

thanks Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Hentzschel View Post
    Ed you using AFR error for finding the correction factor for MAF and VE. Its also possible to use STFT or LTFT instead of ARF error.
    Basically I use a innovate exhaust clamp... that clamp is not correct in low RPM. only for open loop AFR.

thanks Henry
    Hey Henry, long time...

Yes, you can use several different ones depending on the mode your tune is set to. If both LT and ST trims are enabled, than use the LT+ST parameter defined in the Maths section. If LT's are disabled, then use the Short Term Trim in the Sensors>Fuel>Closed Loop learning. HP Tuners has taken care of all the adding and averaging :-)

Hope this helps.

Ed M

Attached Images Attached Images

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Hello Mowton.

Thanks a lot for the help.

I am not an expert on the HPT, but in the middle section I may say.

Now, I would greatly appreciate if you could share some knowledge I just finished the installation of my new LS7 H/C into my 01 C5Z, and obviously took it for a ride. After that, I wanted to adjust the MAF table according to the config of MAF-STFT, and it did not work as I just installed the V 3.0. I have been reading some threads (incluiding yours, of course) on how to adjust those *Configs from the previos version to make them work in the new one, but my problem goes to the fact that I cannot find the Mass Air Flow Frecuency "channel"... Is there a problem with the setup of the HPT in my laptop?

As you suggested in your video, I set the LTFT+STFT from the Math section (in my case, no WB), then I copied the conditionals your wrote as well. Now, when I go to the Parameter selection (little gear with green mark), and type "MASS" I get the signal input from MAF in MASS, but no the option as in Frequency, thus, I cannot get the table to work. It only gives data in the fist block and does not populate the rest.

Some help, is going to be greatly thanked.

Rodolfo Lara Pohlenz
    Camaro Z28 1999
    T56
    Road racer

Are you adding it to the channels list or are you trying to use it in a chart or graph? You have to add mass air flow (frequency) to the channels list first before it can be used.

If you can post a log/layout/channel config I bet we can help quick

If it's not coming up when you search for it, try browsing through the parameters manually to see if you can find it. It should be in the engine-->Airflow-->Mass Air flow of the channel editor

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Are you adding it to the channels list or are you trying to use it in a chart or graph? You have to add mass air flow (frequency) to the channels list first before it can be used.

If you can post a log/layout/channel config I bet we can help quick

If it's not coming up when you search for it, try browsing through the parameters manually to see if you can find it. It should be in the engine-->Airflow-->Mass Air flow of the channel editor
    Schpenxel,

Thank you for the replay.

I am trying to use it in the chart of graph, and maybe that is why it is not working, as I do "click" on the "gear with green mark", that does not enable the MAF in frequency. I will try to fix this, based on the info provided, and let you know.

Thanks a lot.

Rodolfo LP
    Camaro Z28 1999
    T56
    Road racer

Yes, sounds like you need to add it to your channels list first.. if it isn't showing up when you click the gear w/green mark when trying to use it in a chart or graph then it isn't being logged, and thus can't be used

Hopefully that get it going for you!

If not, if you can post the files I mentioned earlier we'll figure it out
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    Yes, sounds like you need to add it to your channels list first.. if it isn't showing up when you click the gear w/green mark when trying to use it in a chart or graph then it isn't being logged, and thus can't be used

Hopefully that get it going for you!

If not, if you can post the files I mentioned earlier we'll figure it out
    I will do so... Thank you so much.

Rodolfo LP
    Camaro Z28 1999
    T56
    Road racer

Add Fuel Trim Cell ([6310]) to your channel and chart and depending on your setup, and data you want to address generate a filter for a specifc value or a 2 part (AND) for a range. Use + < > to setup the equation.

Ed M

Fuel Trims LS1 V8
    16 - Idle PN (AC on)
    17 - Idle PN (AC off)
    18 - Idle InGear (AC on)
    20 - Idle (EVAP closed)
    21 - Coastdown (EVAP closed)
    22 - Non-Idle (EVAP Closed)

Usually EVAP closes at WOT hence cell #22 is mostly used at WOT, but you will see it used during warmup (before evap purge begins). At WOT you will also see cell #15 if the EVAP purge opens (ie. vacuum drops enough for the purge to begin).

Fuel Trims LS2/LS7/L76, Cobalt SS 2.0L s/c and other later model vehicles that use RPM/MAP boundaries
    The LS2/7 and others have more cells but follow a similar pattern to the LS1:

EVAP Open
    16 - Idle PN (AC on)
    17 - Idle PN (AC off)
    18 - Idle InGear (AC on)
    20 - Decel

EVAP Closed
    21 - 36 defined by the LTFT RPM and MAP boundaries
    37 - Idle
    38 - Decel

Fuel Trims later LS3 and other later model vehicles that use Airflow Mode boundaries

EVAP Open
    0 - 5 defined by the LTFT Airflow Mode Purge On boundaries
    6 - Idle
    7 - Decel

EVAP Closed
    8 - 13 defined by the LTFT Airflow Mode Purge Off boundaries
    14 - Idle
    15 - Decel

Fuel Trims V6 vehicles
    0 = Idle
    1 = Decel
    2 = Light Load / Engine Not Running
    3 = High Load
    4 = Med Load
    It's not allowing me to add the fuel trim cell ([6310]) to the channel list. Any ideas? Do I have to add the filter equation or just the LTFT sensor?
    Last edited by jpb1972; 03-05-2016 at 02:58 PM.

When you say won't allow, do you mean it doesnt show up in the Channel Selector window or it does and you double click and it wont add to Channel table? Perhaps hook back up to vehicle and repoll the channels/pids

Ed M

[email protected]

When you say won't allow, do you mean it doesnt show up in the Channel Selector window or it does and you double click and it wont add to Channel table? Perhaps hook back up to vehicle and repoll the channels/pids

Ed M
    I figured it out, found it under closed loop learning. I was going about it the wrong way. Thanks tho!