Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hp Tuners for Mac & Ipads

Tuner
    sweet, thanks. I was hoping I didn't have to purchase it.

I mean you could download it from whatever sketchy website you want but just know it's illegal technically

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    We are committed to Microsoft Windows and Android.
    So HP Tuners will run on Android devices? I am trying to select a tablet, for tuning/data logging, do you guys have any suggestions?

I also have moved from windows to Mac with Windows, then to a Surface Pro 4, which is really awesome.

My MacBook Pro has been relegated to use on the couch, but I do still use a powerful mac desktop for my photography pursuits.

The best way to run windows on a mac from my experience is to boot camp your mac and then do a dual boot.

You keep both worlds on the same machine.

My MAC pro worked like a dream running windows 7 and HP tuners worked great.

Hope this helps

I would disagree and recommend Parallels or VMWare IF you have the RAM to support it. I can literally transfer a whole windows VM to another laptop in no time. It's all contained in just a few files vs. having a whole Windows partition to deal with when running Bootcamp. You don't have to dedicate a chunk of space to it, it will automatically just use what it needs (up to whatever limit you set).

I can run Mac and Windows programs side by side--no rebooting or anything else needed. And I've never had any issues flashing or scanning anything like that while using VMWare.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    I have been using a Mac book air and parallels for years, actually have apple everything and dont even have a real windows computer. I prefer parallels over bootcamp also.

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    V3 works fine on VMware and parallels
    do you still find this to be the case? I have a 2014 MBP retina, and with virtualbox, vmware, and parallels I have the same problem.... the scanner will only work until I close the laptop lid and put it to sleep. One I reopen the lid, and the VM re attaches the usb, the scanner will work and hang/pause. Have you not noticed this issue? I haven't found a solution to it since 3.0 came out. obviously doesn't happen on 3.0 in a windows machine. Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin

I have noticed that actually--I just got in the habit of closing/reopening Scanner when I put the laptop to sleep so I forgot all about that. You aren't alone though!

Potential Tuner
    Yup, Parallels and Windows 10 here. Would be cool for OS X support, but, it works via parallels. So no cares.

Advanced Tuner
    I have been using HPtuners with Macbook Air on Bootcamp/Win7 for 5 years and it works perfect. The Bootcamp itself is annoying due to not-being-able to use clipboard between Windows and OS-X. There's also other downsides but that's another story. Long story short: I use Windows only for HPtuners and BMW ISTA/Rheingold, all the other stuff I handle in OS-X.

Now I purchased new Macbook Air and installed Virtualbox in it. The ISTA/Rheingold is now working and so does HPtuners software. I really love the ability to switch between OS's rapidly without losing any information. However I do have a problem with HPtuners: Scanner info freezes sometimes for few seconds and the outcome is wrong information. I logged one car today and if I hadn't noticed the freezing during logging I would have made totally wrong assumptions about the problem.

Is it possible to have HPtuners, Virtualbox and Windows 7 Professional on Macbook Air platform to work usefully? I guess there's a problem with usb port or other communication gateway being used with priority by another OS? I use USB 2.0 in this Virtualbox and the platform (Macbook Air early 2015) has USB 3.0 support.

I don't know anything about virtual box but it works perfectly fine for me in VMWare, win 7, 2013 MacBook Pro. I've used it that way for years and never any issues.

Pretty sure it worked fine for ista as well. I used to be into the Bmw world.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner
    Something changed in parallels and windows 10...I cant run HPT or SCT on my MACBook Air in windows 10 without issues but can switch over to XP and parallels and run SCT and HPT fine. I can run HPT, just cant READ or WRITE. SCT tried for 8 hours to get it to work with no luck. EFI Live still works on Windows 10 ans XP. I am about to try bootcamp and windows 10 I guess or end up going back to a windows laptop..ouch that hurt to type.

I'd still try VMWare first. Boot camp will almost for sure work but it was always a pita for me having to reboot all the time.

Advanced Tuner
    Does someone have experience about that Macbook + Virtualbox + HPtuners? I understood that VMWare for OSX is not free software. I'd like freebies since I don't do this for living...

Tuner in Training
    the new Dells XPS laptops have higher screen resolution than the macs ..

Advanced Tuner
    Here is my problem: The scanner seems to work but the graph has a 10 second delay! I also noted once that the graph window was empty but all values in histogram and other areas of the screen followed the pcm signal.

Here's a video of the action and the log is attached.
    http://www.tapanen.net/hptuners/hptscanlate.m4v
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I downloaded Parallels trial and installed it. I love it except for HPtuners logging is not accurate with this either. After 27 minutes of logging all graphs disappeared and when I noticed that, I stopped logging. I disconnected the vehicle and connected it again and started a new log. This new log was crap. No graphs appeared and all values in histogram seized for most of the time. After shutting down the scanner and starting it again everything worked again. This can't be trusted...

Other similar experiences?

Tuner
    Umm no one has answered the Android question.
    What is compatible? I've been wondering this for awhile and just now got the common sense to check on the forum.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 1duffman View Post
    Umm no one has answered the Android question.
    What is compatible? I've been wondering this for awhile and just now got the common sense to check on the forum.
    Anxious to hear any news on this too!