Thread: Trans Tuning Support Incomplete?

Tuner in Training

Trans Tuning Support Incomplete?

I am working on a 2012 Wrangler JK model and I am wanting to use HP Tuners for the "complete vehicle" interface. I have come to the conclusion I can program the ECM and now the TCM but there is no support for tire and transfer case programming. I also see the recently added gear ratio programming, which is awesome. I believe the tire size is programmed in the TIPM but I am pretty sure the T-Case ratio is programmed in the TCM. This leaves Jeep tuning still requiring the use of a Diablosport tool and/or an AEV ProCal. Programming the TCM for different t-case ratio completes the TCM support. Does anyone have input on this?

Tire size is handled by the same process as the gear ratio programming. When you start the "Gear/Tire Adjustment" feature, the first prompt you get is to change the gear ratio (if you're not changing it, just simply re-enter the current value into the field). Then the next step it will ask you what the new tire size is. You can then enter your new tire size. (See: Gear/Tire Adjustment - 3.0 Scanner for more information.)

As far as the transfer case programming goes, feel free to email support with your requests. We'd be happy to look into getting it added for you and for everyone.
    Last edited by Mark@HPTuners; 02-24-2016 at 12:58 PM.

Tuner in Training
    After emailing support, their response was "We only offer ECM & TCM solutions. Nothing regarding the transfer case." i will keep looking back and hope that at some point you guys add the T-case support. This will allow HP Tuners to be a complete package for the Jeep. Keep up the Good Work!
    Last edited by boostlife; 02-25-2016 at 08:05 AM. Reason: response received