Thread: vcm 3.0 how to change vin in new software?

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up vcm 3.0 how to change vin in new software?

I was wondering if there is a way to change vin in new software?

Tuner in Training
    They haven't added it to 3.0 yet, it's hopefully on the todo.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Likely won't make 3.0, probably 3.4 or later, the problem is the vin change feature only works on about 5% of the vehicles we support so support receives alot of emails asking why the vin change feature doesn't work on ford or dodge or oddball gm's where it just doesn't work on.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    So would I in the future be able to put my correct VIN into my 2000 Fbody while running a 3-bar OS from a 2002 fbody?
    2000 T/A - Thompson Motorsports 416ls3, F1A procharger, HP tuned. Just a couple psi of boost.
    2013 Mercedes C350, wish HPtuners worked.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    So would I in the future be able to put my correct VIN into my 2000 Fbody while running a 3-bar OS from a 2002 fbody?
    This would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Likely won't make 3.0, probably 3.4 or later, the problem is the vin change feature only works on about 5% of the vehicles we support so support receives alot of emails asking why the vin change feature doesn't work on ford or dodge or oddball gm's where it just doesn't work on.
    Have to maintain multiple version installs though over something that is perceived as small. Many people use that feature daily for the platforms that it did/does work for.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    Have to maintain multiple version installs though over something that is perceived as small. Many people use that feature daily for the platforms that it did/does work for.
    I agree. The licensing on 3.0 is still dicey on Gen3 GM applications as well. I have multiple customers that I've emailed tune files to that prompt to re-license now due to the OS or VIN changing even though the VCM ID is still clearly the same which is ALL that 2.24 used to license a Gen3 application to.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

A few people have e-mailed us regarding 2.24/3.0 licensing, and have ultimately exposed a few bugs in the 2.24 licensing system. My guess is these people have changed their VIN using a 3rd party tool.

The 3.0 licensing issues that exist now are for VIN's that are incorrectly identified, or are not being grouped with a vehicle type that they should be grouped with.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuning Addict
    So how would one fix this?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Fix what?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    A few people have e-mailed us regarding 2.24/3.0 licensing, and have ultimately exposed a few bugs in the 2.24 licensing system. My guess is these people have changed their VIN using a 3rd party tool.

The 3.0 licensing issues that exist now are for VIN's that are incorrectly identified, or are not being grouped with a vehicle type that they should be grouped with.
    So is licensing fixed for 3.0 to match how it was in 2.24?
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400