Thread: Couple simple Scanner questions.

Advanced Tuner

Couple simple Scanner questions.

Here you go,

1. Can I create a filter and apply it to a log that's already been logged or does the filter need to be applied before I log date. Example on LTFT I want to only log with throttle position above 1%. Do I set up the filter before I mad the log or can I apply it after and see the filtered data?

2. In the filter is the info filtered out or is the filter what infio is logged?

3. Where can I get a better explaination of the Slope, Average Function

4. I cant seem to get the "Last" button to work on the scanner? Average, +/- and count seem to work but not Last?

5. Before when I opened a log, the chart was blank and as the log played it would popular the data onto the chart. Now when I open a log all the data fills the chart and I haven't even hit play.

[QUOTE=popeye55;419620]

Here you go,

1. Can I create a filter and apply it to a log that's already been logged or does the filter need to be applied before I log date. Example on LTFT I want to only log with throttle position above 1%. Do I set up the filter before I mad the log or can I apply it after and see the filtered data?

You can create and apply filters after you have logged the data to your hearts content. The data is recorded in raw form and can be manipulated any way after your logging session including the new 3.0 version of being able to limit data to "view data zoom only" :-)...my favorite

2. In the filter is the info filtered out or is the filter what infio is logged?

The filter is based on True / False (1/0) or if the data complies with the arithmetic statement. What this means is you will only see the data that "passes" the test. If you use equals (=) then it must match exact, if you use greater than (>) than the scenario must exceed that value. A good example would be if your filter said TPS>50%. Only the data that was captured above the TPS of 50% would be displayed, all other data would be precluded from the display.

3. Where can I get a better explaination of the Slope, Average Functi

Slope and Average allow you to specify a specific signal change rate over time (slope) or a criteria must exist for a certain time (average). There is a great example of average in the Help file relative to filtering out TPS transients before and after -- ([50090.156] > 50) AND ([50090.156.avg(500)] > 50) AND ([50090.156.avg(-500)] > 50)

4. I cant seem to get the "Last" button to work on the scanner? Average, +/- and count seem to work but not Last?

Working answer

5. Before when I opened a log, the chart was blank and as the log played it would popular the data onto the chart. Now when I open a log all the data fills the chart and I haven't even hit play.[/QUOTE

Data is filled in automatically in Version 3.0. No longer have to hit Load Data. It will also change as you alter the filters or go from Zoom to full trace. Sometimes you have to click back into the chart area and move the cursor if you don't see it change.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    As for "Last", it will only work during scanning. Bill told me this an an email after I inquired about it.. That's the way they want it for some reason......I wish they would bring it back
    Last edited by ABADZL1; 02-27-2016 at 09:23 PM.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Quote Originally Posted by ABADZL1 View Post
    As for "Last", it will only work during scanning. Bill told me this an an email. That's the way they want it for some reason......
    Thanks...see, even I need to learn here :-)

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]