Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help stuck along road

The problem is the door chime adapters and there are tons of different ones. If removing the face plate causes the door chimer to shut down, then yes, it probably would

My suspicious is quite possible it won't do that though
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

A friend of mine put his door chime adapter module on a toggle switch that he hid in the glove box, when he was going to write to the PCM, he would flip the switch (disconnecting the chime module), write to the PCM, and then turn it back on.
    2016 Ford Explorer Sport - 3.5L EcoBoost
    2006 Ford F150 Lariat - 5.4L 3V (315,000 miles )

Advanced Tuner
    Not in the scenario we're discussing

Quote Originally Posted by schpenxel View Post
    The problem is the door chime adapters and there are tons of different ones. If removing the face plate causes the door chimer to shut down, then yes, it probably would

My suspicious is quite possible it won't do that though
    I suspected it was the interface between the stereo and the vehicle...When I installed it I had to use the interface to keep the door chimes, lights on, key in ignition alarms...etc, as well as the steering wheel stereo controls... others, however, claim it has nothing to do with the interface...but the stereo itself...Who knows...Not Me...And frankly as long as I pull the fuse...The lock out doesn't happen... But I do wish I new exactly what the issue was...cause re-setting all my favorite stations after a tune is a real pain in the ass....

Potential Tuner

I had same problem yesterday but it can't be a software problem

Quote Originally Posted by Torvus View Post
    Add another one to this list here as well. Looks like I'm getting the same error. Minor VE changes to a 411, and all of sudden I go to write calibration and get the Unlocker Timed Out error. Looking to see if OP figured it out, or if this is starting to look like a bug in the 3.0 versions. I did not attempt a write full, no fuses were pulled etc. Performing the same VE updates i've done hundreds of times.