Thread: Vcm 3.0 Vin change???

Vcm 3.0 Vin change???

Having some issues so hopefully someone can help me out.I recently did the update to the new 3.0 software and have used it some, and it works great. I got a car in yesterday that the pcm took a crap on it so got a used one for it, and went to go in, and change the Vin to match the car and bcm, and I can't find the feature anymore?? I looked everywhere, and can't seem to find it. Is it gone?? I then tried to go back and download the 2.24 software, and it would not connect to the vcm. Kept giving me an error.Not sure what is going on. I needed to get my customer his car back today, but kinda stuck right now. After i downloaded the 2.24 i also took it over to the wifes G8, and got the same vcm error .Any help would be great.

Tuner in Training
    As I understand they updated firmware in your interface and now it is not fully compatible with older versions. The fastest way to change VIN is to use GM online TIS or offline version TIS2000 if car is 2008 or older. You have to find someone near you with access.

Tuner in Training
    Bump i would like to know why this feature went away. seems like a down grade..... I would be cool to be able to have all the new features and all the old one still...

Yeah I know it can be done with a tech 2 etc, but I had the feature in my hptuners that I bought credits for, and when it did the update its gone. So I just wanted someone from hptuners to explain it if it's their, and I'm not seeing it.

Tuner in Training
    Have you read this thread? it explains something. http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...n-new-software

Well it sucks to have a feature , and then take it away, and tell everyone how great the new version is.

I was able to get it sorted out with some help from our forum members. I really appreciate you guys. I will stick with my 2.24 for now. Glad I got some help to get this figured out. Never heard anything from anybody at hp tuners all weekend, and sent everyone messages. Glad the forum members are so nice, and willing to help. Thanks guys for your time.