Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ls3 injector data for 01 trans am ecu

Tuner in Training

ls3 injector data for 01 trans am ecu

I found the ls1 to ls3 spreadsheet that has the yellow and green data and u can enter info and it change it from the stock ls3 info to ls1 info but the info it spits out I cannot enter that into the tables in my tune.. its like it rounds up or has a limit, Is there something in my settings I have to change for me to be able to enter the values? like for instance the min pulsewidth I cant go as low as the ls3 injectors require even converted to the "ls1" converted table the number is lower on the spreadsheet then i can enter on my tune table, im newer to this tuning stuff so im still a newbit and im making a sd tune but I discovered I have ls3 motor and injectors and the data in the injectors is not right and its running crazy rich... HELP! lol i been searching but I cannot find anything relating to this I cant find a real answer

Advanced Tuner
    Post your current tune, stock tune and the tune you are getting injector data from.

Edit: what is the part number stamped on the injector? (Physically look at the injector)
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Tuner in Training
    this is the injectors I have in my car 0280158051. 42lb/hr @58 psi (stock ls3/ls7 ones from what i gathar) my car has ls3 heads so im not 100% sure what combination of motor stuff is in it but the block is alum which I dont think it is a ls1 block because they cant be bored out to a ls3 so its either a ls3 block or ls7 block... which thats what the seller posted was the block was a ls7 with ls3 heads)

the botton attached file is my stock tune file (I dont think its a true stock ls1 tune I think its been flashed before I got the car and never reverted back)

this is the excel chart im getting the injector data from LS1 to LS3 injectors.xls

in that spreadsheet u take the ls3 injector data and insert it on the yellow colum and the ones u use are the green ones (labeled ls1) in which i have done that... but the numbers I cannot enter into my tune because they will not take they will not go down low enough on the timing and pulsewidth
    the only thing i touched from stock is I unplugged the maf, changed the error reporting on the maf to fail on the first one but dont turn ses light on, and copied over my high octane tables to my low octane but im running rich as heck because the injector data currently on my car is off.... I will say this though.... my stock tune file is not the stock one so someone has put some sort of tune on it and how I know is the torque management/abuse was already turned off and small things like that. I have not messed with the VE table any yet because I want things to be right before I start actually tuning on it so any help would be appreciated thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by thyreaper; 03-05-2016 at 08:34 AM.

What MAP sensor are you using?
    1968 Chevy C10 SWB - Project
    2018 Denali L5P

Tuner in Training
    as far as i know the stock one? its behind the manifold so no telling, I dont think they would have changed it seeing as its not boosted or anything like that, i took a mirror and it appears to be stock but I know that you can get a 2bar stock location one from a ss cobalt and it look stock as well but as if right now im going to assume its a stock one...
    Last edited by thyreaper; 03-05-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thyreaper View Post
    as far as i know the stock one? its behind the manifold so no telling, I dont think they would have changed it seeing as its not boosted or anything like that
    You said it has LS3 heads on it? Is it a factory intake? If so the MAP sensor would plug in on the front of the intake, passenger side by the throttle body.
    2018 Denali L5P

They could have also plugged the hole up front and drilled a new one in the rear with a custom bracket for the LS1 MAP. You also have not put in the injector data for the LS3's.

Engine>Fuel>General>Flow Rate vs. KPA
    Engine>Fuel>General>Offset vs. Volts vs. VAC
    Engine>Fuel>General>Short Pulse Adder
    Engine>Fuel>General>Min Injector Pulse
    Last edited by Z06-Hammer; 03-05-2016 at 12:10 PM.
    2018 Denali L5P

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Hammer View Post
    They could have also plugged the hole up front and drilled a new one in the rear with a custom bracket for the LS1 MAP. You also have not put in the injector data for the LS3's.
    your right the map is there in the front, lol i over looked it trying to find it in the back ... then wtf was back in the back? idk maybe the lil mirror and the tubing made it look like there was a map back there... so is that map data different then what I have in that file?
    Last edited by thyreaper; 03-05-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Z06-Hammer View Post
    You also have not put in the injector data for the LS3's.

Engine>Fuel>General>Flow Rate vs. KPA
    Engine>Fuel>General>Offset vs. Volts vs. VAC
    Engine>Fuel>General>Short Pulse Adder
    Engine>Fuel>General>Min Injector Pulse
    THIS is what im getting at, I know where to enter the info but the values (numbers) will not enter in as low as I need to make them... try it lol... maybe its the ecu i have? Im not sure but they will not go in as low and I need them... that excel spreadsheet I linked has the data that is suppose to convert the numbers into ls1 data (my ecu is the stock one that came with the car) but they will not go low enough in the hpt ediot when i try, this is what I posted for help on lol

The data going into your file looks fine. There is some rounding and resolution/step limitations that prevent the exact numbers from being seen but they are all well within the realm of good.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    ok kool, so the file i l posted as my "stock" tune is good for a ls3 map sensor and ls3 fuel injectors? the pulsewidths and all? im trying to get it good for sd and its rich... and what do you mean about the resolution/step limitations? im new lol I know very little so trying to gathar as much info as I can about this stuff

ok kool, so the file i l posted as my "stock" tune is good for a ls3 map sensors and ls3 fuel injectors? the pulsewidths and all? im trying to get it good for sd and its rich... and what do you mean about the resolution/step limitations? im new lol I know very little so trying to gathar as much info as I can about this stuff
    No, the stock file you posted doesn't have the parameters from your excel spread sheet, I added them on my computer and saw they were taken correctly.

What I mean is some of the tables have set increments, like the short pulse adder table is .0152 increments so if inputted .02, it would revert to .0152.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    ohhhhhhhhh ok thank you for clearing that up so when it sets to 0.152 that is fine? sorry for being so ignorant >< and another thing is the vaiues for my map stuff right in my stock tune file? as long as it is a stock ls3 map? ( ill verify it is stock ls3 before i change anything with it )
    Last edited by thyreaper; 03-05-2016 at 03:28 PM.

Tuner in Training
    ok im confused, can someone please open that spreadsheet that says ls1 to ls3 chart i posted and tell me if the info that is in the green squares are right for the ls3 injectors for my 01 trans am ecu? I found another spreadsheet that is supposed to give the injector data for the ls1 ecu and the data is different? heres the link to the other one that is confusing meLS7_injector_data_for_LS1_DSteck.xlsx

tell me what im missing please and what I should go by? I just want it to be right and I dunno if the first one I posted that converts the info is even right....

The LS3 sensor is a 2 bar MAP sensor. Only way to enter the correct values for it is to run the Speed Density 2bar Custom OS, unless there is a work around I don't know about. Also, whoever entered in the Cyl Vol has it set as a 7.0 (427 ci)
    2018 Denali L5P

LS3 sensor is actually still a one bar, just goes to like 128.13/-.31 and you OS will accommodate these scalar values. As far as the injector data. All the conversion from LS3 to LS1 show varying small disparages due to conversion approach, rounding etc. The differences are minute and will not effect the injector behavior. You will see the IFR data is exactly the same.

Ed M

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    alright so what im gatharing from this is copy the green data thats in the green squares over to my tune? and my os will do its thing?

alright so what im gatharing from this is copy the green data thats in the green squares over to my tune? and my os will do its thing?
    Yes

Ed M

[email protected]

Tuner in Training
    thank you, I just got my wideband so hopefully tomarrow will permit me to put it in so I get exact afr's with datalogging it instead of going off the narrowband so I can really nail down the ve table, ill post a datalog if I run into any problems but I just wanted to get injector stuff right before I mess with anything else with me knowing they are not ls1 injectors, thanks... oh and by the way even with this thing running rich it pulls like a freight train it would put bus lengths on my 96 mustang with 01 pi motor and cam lol if i had to guess its around 3x faster... the good ol power of a ls motor ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by mowton View Post
    LS3 sensor is actually still a one bar, just goes to like 128.13/-.31 and you OS will accommodate these scalar values. As far as the injector data. All the conversion from LS3 to LS1 show varying small disparages due to conversion approach, rounding etc. The differences are minute and will not effect the injector behavior. You will see the IFR data is exactly the same.

Ed M
    Ed good info to know, I didn't think the ecu would accommodate those large of values for the MAP.
    2018 Denali L5P