Thread: 0411 Swap credits question

Advanced Tuner

0411 Swap credits question

I know this question has had to have been asked, but I haven't found it while searching. (I'll be honest I'm not a huge fan of the forums search engine, but I get a lot of mixed results using google as well, I do get a lot of questions answered I didn't ask for though...)

Ok, I am looking to do a 0411 swap on a 98 suburban. I have the proper pinout diagrams and some extra pins in case I need them. I have numerous options for tunes, but I like to be careful. Oh, also I have 6 credits left on my VCM (The first 2 are from a 2002 silverado v8, I figure that might be helpful once I get to my question)

To my knowledge I will have to license the tune (2 credits) and then license the PCM (2 more credits) and then Write Entire. Using a total of 4 credits. Is it possible to license the tune and then just write to the PCM and only use 2 credits? I don't need any information off of the unit. (at least not to my knowledge)

Either way is fine since I have the credits and my wife will probably kill me if I bring home another vehicle (Doesn't everyone have 5 cars for two licensed drivers?) But in the future the '86 Toyota 4X4 might need an LS swap... So I would like to not waste any credits

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Once you get your new PCM you can license it as well as the tune file that is already on it for a total of 2 credits. You should'nt have to preform a write entire unless you're changing operating systems or something. If you are trying to write a tune onto that PCM from the repository, mail order, or another vehicle that you have'nt licensed yet, that would cost another 2 credits.

Advanced Tuner
    That was what I suspected. The PCM came from the junkyard and has who knows what for an existing operating system on it. I doubt it will be the one I need, but here's to hoping...

Thank you