Thread: 2005 M/T No Idle [Face-Palm]

Tuner in Training

2005 M/T No Idle [Face-Palm]

Had too many last night and got carried away with the correction maps. It will fire off, but will not idle. RPMs fluctuate 3-4 times and it dies. Tried to undo what I did after 6~ flashes. What am I missing? Erics 2005 Cummins.hpt No Idle.hpl
    Last edited by poulioteri; 03-04-2016 at 01:48 PM.

Try putting your Pilot Quantity ECT Coefficient table and your Pilot Timing ECTxIAT Coeffiient table back to stock.

Tuner in Training
    Bingo. Those maps are important. Thanks Kill.

Tuner in Training
    Update: boost PF map was also an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by poulioteri View Post
    Had too many last night and got carried away with the correction maps. It will fire off, but will not idle. RPMs fluctuate 3-4 times and it dies. Tried to undo what I did after 6~ flashes. What am I missing? Erics 2005 Cummins.hpt No Idle.hpl
    Here's how to make sure that doesn't happen again. Every time you flash it, save it first. I use a name, date, and rev #. If I reflash a truck 6 times, I have 5 backup files with recent changes to fall back on and compare to.

I have found several ways to make these trucks have a no start and no idle condition lol.
    2003 305/555 QCSB Cummins
    Piston/rod/sleeve/fire ring/dual CP3/300 overs
    Super Stick NV5600
    S366/S480

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo_Mike View Post
    Here's how to make sure that doesn't happen again. Every time you flash it, save it first. I use a name, date, and rev #. If I reflash a truck 6 times, I have 5 backup files with recent changes to fall back on and compare to.

I have found several ways to make these trucks have a no start and no idle condition lol.
    HPT also has an inbuilt changelog. Edit->View Change/History log. You can revert to a previous revision any time by right clicking on it.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys. I will definitely start working logs that way.
    SOLD - 05.5 3500 5.9 | G56 | CM848 ECU | HPT "Pretty Fast" Tune | FASS 95 | Custom 5in Intake | Straight 4in |
    SOLD - 08 F450 6.4 | 5R110W | Modified | ? Tow Tune | Custom 4" |

New - 12 Ram 4500 6.7 | G56 | CM2200 | RaceMe | Straight 4" | K&N Drop in