Thread: 2003 6.0 Excursion

2003 6.0 Excursion

anybody know which pcm and tcm would be in this vehicle hptuners is not recognizing it or reading the vin and is giving me drop downs to choose which one

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    448k black oak.

thats what i thought this is what i gotex.pngex1.png

also may be worth noting there is no vin in my ecm

Another one huh? I've personally seen 3 no vins so far ranging 03-04 with the 448k oak. My thoughts are they have early programming on them. So if you can pull it and send it to support and hopefully they will get it figured out.

already did. funny thing is i sent it to them when they were requesting reads so they could add powerstroke support you think someone would have noticed

Hmm.... Maybe it got lost somewhere. These 448k oaks are weird. I think maybe it's an issue more with the pcm than the hptuners software.

yeah i got a that sucks buy a new pcm or find a way to flash a vin to it, sct writes to it fine but does not give it a vin
    Last edited by richsoucie; 03-07-2016 at 09:17 AM.

SCT doesn't give it a vin? It should be sct followed by the serial number. Try o read vin with the sct. If it reads no vin with sct then it's an issue with either addressing in the software or the pcm is noodled.

Tuner in Training
    Some aftermarket tune from other sources like sct or other tuners i have seen issues reading vins. if you return the aftermarket to stock before reading it typically fixes issues. some times i have had to replace the tcm. kinda sucks but it is what it is. factory is a decent file anyway at least to build from. some of tunes out there have seriously messed up trans tunes like way too much line pressure or really firm shifts. seen alot of wierd stuff that doesnt exactly work as good as it could.

yeah i dont know bought this one used my other truck has sct and i can read/write because it has a value in the vin. its not a ford vin but its there

This issue has been resolved in 3.0.

Re-read using latest 3.0 and follow the prompts.

This is not an HP Tuners issue, those PCMs had no VIN, but we provide a fix. :-)
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Thank you dir. I will be updating and testing and let you know if I run into any issues.

thank you eric you the man

still having same problem

Haven't been able to try it yet. But something is going on. You updated correct? If so I'm thinking this is an adressing problem.

yes i updated after eric said it was fixed