Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help With Closed Loop - BA XR6T

Tuner
    Spark, afr and cam angle tweaks may be worth a go to help it get on the charger earlier. Or a looser converter?

Tuner in Training
    What would you adjust muz . Converter is on the cards if I can't get a decent launch using the tune but I'd rather not change converter if I don't have too.

Tuner
    Do you think you're on the edge of being knock limited now? Are you at 11.8 afr at 3000 stall? What are the inducer/exducer specs and a/R of that turbo, I can't find much info on it?

Tuner in Training
    Has .50 A/R and it's got an 82mm compressor wheel. Unfortunately not sure on the other specs of the turbo. Yes afrs are 11.8 at 3000rpm on full load

Tuner
    Seeing as you make less boost down low than us, perhaps aim for 12.5 afr at that rpm (while keeping an eye on knock) then fatten afr to 12 as boost and revs rise. Could provide some extra heat energy to spin that huffer up quicker. In cam angle, I'd experiment with big swings both ways to see what if any difference it would make to stall boost. I have a manual and have played with that table then took it for a drive booting it from 1000rpm and letting it spool slowly to see if there was any low down boost and pickup to be gained, but I never noticed anything worth crowing about.