Thread: scanner wont run

Advanced Tuner

scanner wont run

version 3.0.044 gives an "object reference not set to an instance of an object" when trying to open the scanner every time. I have tried downloading it several times since Friday and reloading it and it still wont work.....an I'm supposed to tune a car in the morning....anybody else have any problems? The editor works fine

Does it ask you to submit a crash report?
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    Yes

Ok, I see your crash report.

VCM Suite 3.0.47 is now up, and should fix your issue.

Advanced Tuner
    ok now I'm having an issue with loading the tune it does not give a crash report. I load the tune and it does it allot faster than normal an acts like everything is good now I try to start the car and nothing it wont turn over or anything. If I try to re read the vehicle it gives me detect protocol failed....I don't understand its like its like it didn't write anything to the pcm even though it went through its whole process no problem

Advanced Tuner
    Come to think of it this exact same thing happened on the last 05 gt that I tried to tune. The last one I didn't tune because as soon as I read it the car did the same thing as this one and I hadn't even put a tune in it yet luckily It started working after unplugging the battery for about 10 mins. The car was able to run but I couldn't even hook an sct device up to it after that and do anything. Seems like there is an issue going on with just the 05 mustang gt because I did an 07 the other day and everything worked flawlessly. If you could help out with this issue it would help allot because this car is supposed to be out of the shop tomorrow.

Sounds like there might be a wiring issue, or another OBD device connected to the vehicle.

Advanced Tuner
    the car was tuned with an sct device then it was set back to stock.....they were both tuned previously with an sct device then set back to stock same issue out of both of them although I have tuned year models later than 05 with the same scenario and they were fine. It looks like its having an issue each time after the sct tune has been in there first even though it was set back to stock

Advanced Tuner
    I don't see that there would be a wiring issue since the sct device worked fine on both cars before a tune was attempted to be put in with the hp tuners software

Tuning Addict
    Just a thought since the SCT device is the only "known" relationship besides the year model, but I know SCT released some updates in the last few months because files were being corrupted when returning to stock. I'm pretty sure it just pertained to GM platforms, but couldn't verify 100%... You might try updating the SCT device, flashing with some sort of a tune - seeing if it'll hit at all then returning to stock and seeing if anything changes?

Just a thought and probably a long shot.....
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Well the sct devices were installed before all those issues came about...the software is easing the computer then uploading the tune...but in reality it looks like the software is erasing the calibration then goes through the process of uploading the tune but doesn't really load the tune because the car won't do anything and the gauge cluster is not communicating with the pcm....also when you hook up the sct unit to the car it shows no Vin or pcm numbers....this is the second car it has done it on.

Advanced Tuner
    And both were 05 cars they have there own special harness and everything there different than the rest of the 05-09 mustangs