Thread: SRT Caliber desired boost?

SRT Caliber desired boost?

Been looking through the tables and am having a tough time figuring out what actually controls the desired boost pressure. Anybody know? It was closing the throttle on me at ~10psi sometimes it'd come right back up to 88%, other times it would just stay in the 40% range. So thought maybe theres a table that dictates what the PCM is expecting at a certain RPM and I'm out of its range or something of that nature.

New to tuning, done a lot of reading on my own. But the lack of information out about tuning dodge pcms doesn't make it terribly easy to self teach without still having questions.

Thanks in advance.

We have had the closing throttle problem, there is little to no information on this and we have gotten the car to hold 13 psi without closing the throttle but once we turn the boost controller on it goes to 16 psi and back to the 40 % throttle. There are some of the tq mgmt tables that help get to higher boost levels but we have not found the work around for the throttle closing problem.

I have it back on pcm controlled boost now, and from some test runs over today it seems that it'll only pull throttle back below 5k rpm. Once it reaches ~5k it's right back up at 88% throttle holding 15-16 psi for now. Tried going through everything I could think of/find that suddenly changes at 5k and came up short. Gonna keep trying things as I think of them. But over the course of a few hours all I managed to do is raise the boost a couple psi from 5k-redline.

Even tried maxing out most of the airflow tables to see if that'd bring it up, but notta.

I spent a good chunk of today messing with it. And got it to 17-18psi without pulling throttle on me. A lot of trial and error, probably changed a lot of things that really didn't play a roll at all. But it's running great now. Need to add a little bit more fuel and get the boost up about 1 more psi across the board. But all in all I'm a happy camper.