Thread: Boost scaling on N/A tunes

Tuner in Training

Boost scaling on N/A tunes

Ok guys i know this subject has been touched on a few times but still has not been answered.

What it the basics needed to change on the tune file like spark, fuel, airflow etc???

Does anyone have a tune file that i could use to learn off??

Am only wanting to run up to 10psi or even 6psi

Here is my stock ba fairmont tune

Hayden BA stock tune.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    have you had a look at the tunes available in the repository?

Tuner in Training
    Yeah i've got many of them already but none seem to be a modified n/a tune file.

Advanced Tuner
    2004 Stock BA Mk2 XR6T Auto(HAANFHZ).hpt

You can try comparing to this file for the fuel & spark as a starting point & see how it goes with just those changes but once the map sensor see's positive figure who knows what it will do & note the reference points will be different too so you'll need to change the axis points.

Your OSID is HAANC & this is HAANF but I didn't have a auto HAANC turbo file, hopefully it's close enough to see the differences

Ive got mine running off a stock na ba pcm/injectors/tmap until I get an xr6t ecu as I would like the factory boost control etc. It runs 4-5psi boost and is totally out of injector above 5grand making 220rwkw. The stock na tmap pegs at 118kpa so you have to fudge your base fuel table to get adequate on boost fueling. This tune has knock sensors disabled and high load mbt/bknock tables made the same as I was chasing a reduced timing issue which ended up being knock sensors picking up false knock I will try adjusting sensitivity next.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Thank you guys so much, it's very helpful to talk to people that have been there and done that

Advanced Tuner
    If you look at the calibration you will find the N/A BA don't run 4bar base FP. Same injector as the turbo but different scaling. You shouldn't be using a N/A t-MAP on a boosted car.

Tuner in Training
    When i first fitted a turbo to my car and it was n/a a couple of years ago i had an ebay tune made up for me to use through my sct x4, it was running 4 bar reg and n/a map sensor and running very well at 10psi. Since then i have moved on to BF turbo pcm and engine etc.

What i am trying to is work out how they were able to achieve this??

By fudging the base fuel table. The na tmap dosnt read above 118kpa so that's the only way of doing it. Not the right way of doing it but does work on low boost. 10psi is pushing it haha

Advanced Tuner
    so the tune just sees 118kpa even when above that? Not like a fuel cut or whatever previous models do?

no cut at 5psi havnt gone beyond that, yea just pegs at 118kpa

Tuner
    Just install a turbo t-map and enable turbo logic.. You'll need to alter the axis' of the timing tables and anything else that stops reading at 1.0 load value.. Remember to re-arrange/alter the values in the tables that you change the axis' on.. I have just completed an Fg na-turbo setup using the NA comp, and an eboost.. compare a similar model na and turbo tune and the changes should be obvious.. No use pegging the NA t-map

I agree mate ive got my bigger 42lbs in now and a turbo t-map coming to use in the na pcm till I get a turbo one.

Advanced Tuner
    does your pcm not have the 3rd plug will?

na it only has two

Tuner in Training
    I've got a question,

My car was originally non turbo but is now turbo using the non turbo ecu and wiring, but a workshop pushed a turbo strategy over the top and its been trouble ever since.
    Should I put the non turbo airmass/cam tables etc back on as ive got idle issues and cold start issues?
    Ford Falcon BF XR6 turbo. Built bottom end, Wiseco forged pistons, SCAT rods, ARP bolts and studs, Billet oil pump gears, GT3582R high flowed with flapped mod and billet front wheel, 4 inch dump and cat, Proflow Intake manifold, Plazmaman 1000hp intercooler and piping, 1150cc injectors, Walbro 460, AEM wideband, HP Prolink, 3.45:1 LSD etc

Happy on 22psi

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginger1 View Post
    I've got a question,

My car was originally non turbo but is now turbo using the non turbo ecu and wiring, but a workshop pushed a turbo strategy over the top and its been trouble ever since.
    Should I put the non turbo airmass/cam tables etc back on as ive got idle issues and cold start issues?
    The short answer is NO.
    You really want to setup a histogram graph with vcm scanner and log your long term fuel trims.
    My first guess is that your injector slopes are not set correctly. You can do it with a narrowband sensor for low rpm stuff no problem.

Tuner in Training
    I've logged trims and adjusted to suit.

Still get rich start up, excessive fuel usage and had to modify the airmass at high res to get consistent fueling, yet trims are within +/- 5%
    Ford Falcon BF XR6 turbo. Built bottom end, Wiseco forged pistons, SCAT rods, ARP bolts and studs, Billet oil pump gears, GT3582R high flowed with flapped mod and billet front wheel, 4 inch dump and cat, Proflow Intake manifold, Plazmaman 1000hp intercooler and piping, 1150cc injectors, Walbro 460, AEM wideband, HP Prolink, 3.45:1 LSD etc

Happy on 22psi