Thread: Remote and Local Tunning

Tuner in Training

Remote and Local Tunning

I have a few quick questions.

When dealing with Remote customers, do you have to license the file and then send them the file, which they must also license to flash in the truck? Also is there a way to lock the file or files so they do not go in and mess up what is the tune. Does HP make a remote device that does not require a laptop to change tunes (I'm guessing not)?

When dealing with a remote customer, do they have to have a cable to read the truck, then email in for editing? I don't see where we can change the VIN and send them a file to flash in.

Sorry for all the questions, coming from EFILive things are just a little different (no biggie).

Thanks

Sam

Tuner in Training
    The way v3.0 works is the customer must have hp tuners hardware and same software as the tuner. The file must be extracted from vehicle, on a cummins 03 to 05 the file is generated with the customers vin,
    it would be cool to change vins so shipping files would be easyer and faster but at this point it doesnt do this as far as i am aware. Also you will need your customer hardware id and make it a slave device. Also you can lock your tunes. to lock tunes go to EDIT / Calibration Details then double click on lock to change lock on tune. this locks the tune to your hardware. This way it is only viewable with your hardware id.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply energetic,

When looking at 03-07 Cummins files, I don't see the option to lock the file. I have seen the option on other HP file platforms just not the Cummins. Do you know if we can actually lock the 03-07 Dodge Ram Cummins files?

Thanks

Sam