Thread: Tuned a Ecotec tonight

Tuner

Tuned a Ecotec tonight

I just tuned my buddies 02 LS sport auto tonight with his new Tuners setup for the Ecotec.

Its gotta stock intake, underdrive pulley, Yank converter. otherwise bone stock.

Got rid of the torque managment, bumped the shift points, dropped the force motor table some for more line PSI, raised the shift pressures slightly and bumped timing about 4 degree's in the high octane advance table and the PE (WOT) timing tables. Got it to see about 25 degrees at WOT, and fattend up the PE for WOT and got the o2 Mv about 900-910 from 850-875 and that seemed to help fattening it up some.

Did most of the usual LS1 tuning tricks to give it some better driveability.

Car seems be over all a little more torquey and a little more healthy above 5K.

As per the owners request i pushed up the shift RPM to 7000 and upped the shift speeds accordingly and it worked, just doesnt pull over 6500....

It seems the timing defaults to a 15.0 degrees above 6400, so that would also explain the flatness that high, not to mention its not meant to make power there. The timing tables only got to 6400 anyway, no more adjustment beyond that

So i moved the shift RPM's back to 6700 and tried it again, better but still so so, finally settled at 6500 34 mph 1-2 and 64 2-3

dropped the force motor table on the low end some more, and raised the shift pressure table another 5 % and gave the car progressivley firmer shifts as more throttle was applied. It shifts like a auto should now.

-Tom
    Last edited by BAD LS1; 04-20-2006 at 10:38 PM.
    2007 Suburban - Slammed, Cammed, Geared and Stalled.

Advanced Tuner
    Sweet!
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    That would be my car hes talking about I wanted to go HAHn Turbo and that didnt work out. Then was ganna go GM Supercharger and that didnt work out. Back to leaving it a gas milage car. I plan on a pacesetter jet-hot coated header and a nice intake for it.

Kyle
    1971 Nova - L96 Tvs2300 6l90
    1998 Regal - l36 Stock
    2010 Denali - 6.2 Tvs2300

Excellent results! I'll look into the spark default thing, the 4's may have a similar high RPM spark default to the V6's.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    I got my package today also, and to test it raised the RPM to 7k. Felt like it was making good power past the stock limiter but dropped of a little right before I hit 7000. At least now I can shift on the redline at the track without worry about hitting the limiter. I have 5spd with full exhaust, intake and 60mm bored throttle body.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blackeco
    I got my package today also, and to test it raised the RPM to 7k. Felt like it was making good power past the stock limiter but dropped of a little right before I hit 7000. At least now I can shift on the redline at the track without worry about hitting the limiter. I have 5spd with full exhaust, intake and 60mm bored throttle body.
    Your car can move considerable more air through the engine, it might make the difference up top.

I set the rev limiter to 7100 on this car BTW.
    2007 Suburban - Slammed, Cammed, Geared and Stalled.

Tuner in Training
    Should be awsome to see what some of these guys with lots of mods can get out of these cars. Its a whole new game for the GM crew. The honda guys have had plenty of tinkering to do for a while. Gm hasnt with there 4 Banger.
    Just ordered a RK Sport Intake. Let the modding begin.

Kyle
    1971 Nova - L96 Tvs2300 6l90
    1998 Regal - l36 Stock
    2010 Denali - 6.2 Tvs2300

Potential Tuner
    i already posted this question once already but probably more relevant here, would this work on a 2.2L 05/06 ion and cobalt