Thread: is there a rev-limiter change how-to anywhere for 3.0?

Advanced Tuner

is there a rev-limiter change how-to anywhere for 3.0?

Looking for a how-to anywhere with step by step instructions on changing the rev limiter for an LS motor in version 3.0. I was told by one guy that there are over 30 things to check/select/change values in and I was wondering if that's the case for a 2005 LS motor. Thanks

Engine-Fuel-Cutoff,DFCO under RPM limits. There are several tables, but they are pretty much all self explanitory as to what they do...

Advanced Tuner
    I noticed the obvious 1 or 2 locations for it but was laughed at when I thought that was it, an experienced hpt tuner told me I have so many more things to adjust to get the rpm limit I choose, to actually work. He was not kind enough to give me the details on the other areas to adjust.

Well, you have to tune the upper RPM range one you add it. I'd assume if you just up the rpm and don't tune, you run the risk of running lean once you surpass the original limit. I'm no pro tuner, but upping my rev limiter was one of the adjustments I made when I started my tuning process.

Advanced Tuner
    Oh ok I see what you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_lq4 View Post
    Oh ok I see what you mean
    I'm just a beginner, so don't take my word as gospel. There may be more parameters that need changed. A seasoned pro will have to comment on that.