Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.0 LSJ engines

2.0 LSJ engines

I know this may have been beat to death BUT...

I own two saturn redlines (both 04's bought in june of 04) and I frequent the redline forums and the cobalt ss forums. I see many of my fellow RL's are here as well.

To the point our lsj community (04-06 redlines and 05-06 cobalt ss's) are in extreme need for some tunning software. I personally have built a ported and polished engine with higher comp and ported SC along with forged internals and cams ect, ect.

I am nervous to install this engine without real tunning software like the hp tunning product. I am currently running a 2.8" pulley and headers and much more including 42lb injectors and the only tunning I have access to is a maf translator (scaler).

There is so much talk in our community that hp is going to have something soon. I just want to clarify that there is a large amount of us that are at a stand still when it comes to doing any more modds untill we have a product like yours.

I guess my point is I have a fully built engine sitting on a stand untill I can get something to tune with. Sucks real hard when I go to my shop and theres a engine on a stand that has big $$ into it and I cant use it.

I look forward to seeing a excellent product that hopefully will be released soon, thank you for your time....

I also forgot I would like to be able to increase the rev limiter since I used ferrea valvetrain and cams desighned to run around 8000 rpm.

Tuner
    It's coming. Hopefully the end of the month. I already have it working on my 03 A4 ecotec.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...72&postcount=5

Potential Tuner
    I second Sinister. I do not have a built engine just sitting on a stand, however, I would LOVE the ability to have complete control over my car's tune.

Zinner, I noticed that link to the post you have says 05 and 06. Hopefully we can use these on the 04's? There are a lot of guys with 04 Ion Redlines who will be highly pissed if we cannot.

Potential Tuner
    Agreed! It would be very nice if it would work on our '04's as well.

Tuner in Training
    not to thred jack but its sorta on topic.

we also would need a tuner for the saturn 2.2 ecotec
    i just dont want the 2.2 to get left behind

Quote Originally Posted by ac66bronco
    not to thred jack but its sorta on topic.

we also would need a tuner for the saturn 2.2 ecotec
    i just dont want the 2.2 to get left behind
    Not to bash but you have WAY more options than us so back off...
    No hate just want something that works..

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sinisterredlines
    Not to bash but you have WAY more options than us so back off...
    No hate just want something that works..
    no hate at all man got to stay together as a comunity

as far as options go... maybe a few.

but we are still held back by a common issue. the stupid ecm

I was kinda hopeing somebody at hp would chime in here and give us the skinny...

Potential Tuner
    soooo.....yeah

Cobalt is definitely in for 2.1.10. We are looking at the Saturn now, it may not come in 2.1.10 but will probably be available for beta in 2.1.11 soon after. Depends how much i can get done in the next week or so.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

I am not totally sure but I think the support for the saturns would be the same BUT I REALLY need it to work on the 04 saturn redline... PLEASE..

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    Cobalt is definitely in for 2.1.10. We are looking at the Saturn now, it may not come in 2.1.10 but will probably be available for beta in 2.1.11 soon after. Depends how much i can get done in the next week or so.

Chris...

Same ECU dude.

I, once again, second Sinister. I NEED one for an 04 RL. You will forever be a GOD in the LSJ community if you make this happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners

Chris...
    Is there anything I can do to help the saturn release along? I got an 2005 ion redline and a scan tool and a credit card with which to order the hptuners the second it comes out.

Let me know!

Dan

Potential Tuner

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterredlines
    I am not totally sure but I think the support for the saturns would be the same BUT I REALLY need it to work on the 04 saturn redline... PLEASE..
    I second this to as I also have an '04......please, please, please...

The ability to tune this car would be awesome.

Tuner in Training
    Here a 2005 Supercharged Cobalt SS needing some tuning too ...

Potential Tuner
    I also need tuning for my 04 redline. I had tons of plans for the car, but have decided to wait until tuning is available before i even think of beginning.
    Using a diff form of boost wont work so well w/ stock tune :\

HP please keep in mind there are several more of us redline owners and we have had our cars over a year longer. No offense to the SC/SS guys.

guys, please read post #11 again. try to relax... we all know V8's are btter than 4cyls anyway hahahaha j/k
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    I need 2.1.10.

smiley removed
    Last edited by zinner; 05-06-2006 at 06:13 PM.