Thread: Cant adjust limiter

Potential Tuner

Cant adjust limiter

Have a 2002 Trans Am and the old limiter was set at 6800rpm's and raised it to 7500rpm for the new cam.

After adjusting the limit table to 7500 it's still cutting off at the old limit of 6800... Is there another table I have to adjust somewhere? What would cause it not to change? All my other tuning changes have worked when loading them.

NOT REV LIMIT ISSUE

It's cutting spark up top and not sure why
    Last edited by 455GTO; 03-28-2016 at 10:27 AM.

Senior Tuner
    There are several rev limiters and speed limiters. Post a file so we can help you find where its stuck.
    Jaime

Tuner in Training
    here is his tune file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    What version of HPT are you using? I ask this because I used 3.0 to modify a file downloaded with 2.24 and the tune didn't take. Had to pull the current tune in the vehicle and make my changes and it worked fine then.
    1999 Camaro SS #1601

1998 Z28 M6 cam/heads/bolt ons/9"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshR View Post
    What version of HPT are you using? I ask this because I used 3.0 to modify a file downloaded with 2.24 and the tune didn't take. Had to pull the current tune in the vehicle and make my changes and it worked fine then.
    We were using the 3.0 to edit but 2.24 for scanning.... All the fueling changes when loging are working but for some reason the limiter wont change...
    Last edited by 455GTO; 03-20-2016 at 03:06 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshR View Post
    that might be it actually cause i am using 3.0 to edit, but using 2.24 scanner. So whats the fix? do a read entire then flash it back in?

Why did you enable the ETC limit? Set it back to disabled (stock).

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Why did you enable the ETC limit? Set it back to disabled (stock).

Russ Kemp
    I tried that just for shits and giggles

Potential Tuner
    Anyone have any insight if our problem can be fixed by doing a read entire with 3.0 and rewriting with 3.0?

Potential Tuner
    Back on the dyno and again its cutting off at
    6300-6600. Like a fuel cut is happening...
    Last edited by 455GTO; 03-21-2016 at 09:37 PM.

Potential Tuner
    In p/n it hits the commanded 7500 limiter but when driving it cuts off early.... Help!
    Is it possible that the NGK plugs im running which are -9 non resistor cause this?
    Last edited by 455GTO; 03-21-2016 at 10:08 PM.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    I highly doubt it would be the plugs. There should be seperate limiters for P/N and Drive. Check around the A/C dropdown tab.

Tuner in Training
    I am experiencing the same problem with a car I'm currently working with. 2000 Camaro Z28. Cannot get is over 6800rpm. Interested to hear if the problem had gotten resolved.

Potential Tuner
    Well it looks like it may have been the spark plugs. I was running the NGK B9efs gapped way too high at .36 (nitrous motor) and it must have had some spark blow out. I threw in some Br7's gapped at .025 and was able to rev it out to 7000 before it started to pop again. However, we never tuned it over 6500 as we couldn't get it to rev that high so it could be a lean stumble up top... If anyone can take a look at the tune file posted above and offer some insight in my tune it would be appreciated...

This doesnt look to be a "rev limit" issue as its not cutting fuel... The injectors are still firing when the cutout happens. Its something related to spark

Another thought could be the dwell times of the coils... Anyone ever had an issue where they had to increase the dwell values?
    Last edited by 455GTO; 03-28-2016 at 10:32 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by AJPM View Post
    I am experiencing the same problem with a car I'm currently working with. 2000 Camaro Z28. Cannot get is over 6800rpm. Interested to hear if the problem had gotten resolved.
    Interesting... Same issue as me... My tune file is posted above if you want to take a look.