Thread: Newbie licensing & MVPI question?

Newbie licensing & MVPI question?

Hello,
    I'm new to owning HP tuners MPVI Pro myself and haven't even plugged it into the car yet but I have a professional tuner tune my car but I need it for changing a few things since my tuner is 300 miles away and we can email back and forth etc. Anyway I have 3 questions. (Yes I did search for my answer first but haven't found answers)

1. I've got a 02 C5 that usually uses 2 credits, but my tuner says since mine is now speed density 3.0 bar E85 tuned it'll now need 4 credits to license it on my own HP tuners. Is this correct? if so, how/where do I license it to use these 4 credits or is HPT smart enough it'll already know I need to use this many credits when I go to license it?

2. On my interface box I have a record/play buttons and I'm not sure how this works, what I mean is, from what I can figure out this is for data logging? if so, is this the same feature that is in the scanning part that I can record/play back a log as well? if so, how does that work or how are the two different?

3. Last, my interface box came with a green 9 pin connector for inputs but I technically don't need this to data log right since it'll use the factory inputs to get all the data it needs? (O2s, IAT, etc)?

Thanks for the help in advance!
    2002 C5 Vette - 408, YSI 10 rib, E85, ID1700's, Holley hi-ram, triple intank 450L Walbros, RPM drivetrain

1954 Ford hardtop - 2001 6.0L, SI cam, other goodies, 4l80e, nitrous outlet plate, Circle D converter, 9" ford - Airbagged 2 link (Ultimate Sleeper!)

Advanced Tuner
    1. No, as of about a year ago all 2/3Bar enhanced OS's are free. Just 2 credits for your car. Yes, HPT will tell you how many credits you need to license the file once you go to license it.
    2. Yes, this is for standalone data logging. Never tried it personally, have to search on here for how to use it.
    3. This is for external data, like analog wideband O2 sensors. It is not needed to log anything your PCM uses.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

hmm ok cool.
    Thanks for the help I appreciate it. I'd install it and tread lightly around in it to get some experience but I'm right in the middle of installing a 8.50 certified rollcage and the battery & PCM is out of it - Thanks again.
    2002 C5 Vette - 408, YSI 10 rib, E85, ID1700's, Holley hi-ram, triple intank 450L Walbros, RPM drivetrain

1954 Ford hardtop - 2001 6.0L, SI cam, other goodies, 4l80e, nitrous outlet plate, Circle D converter, 9" ford - Airbagged 2 link (Ultimate Sleeper!)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
    Hello,
    I'm new to owning HP tuners MPVI Pro myself and haven't even plugged it into the car yet but I have a professional tuner tune my car but I need it for changing a few things since my tuner is 300 miles away and we can email back and forth etc. Anyway I have 3 questions. (Yes I did search for my answer first but haven't found answers)

1. I've got a 02 C5 that usually uses 2 credits, but my tuner says since mine is now speed density 3.0 bar E85 tuned it'll now need 4 credits to license it on my own HP tuners. Is this correct? if so, how/where do I license it to use these 4 credits or is HPT smart enough it'll already know I need to use this many credits when I go to license it?

2. On my interface box I have a record/play buttons and I'm not sure how this works, what I mean is, from what I can figure out this is for data logging? if so, is this the same feature that is in the scanning part that I can record/play back a log as well? if so, how does that work or how are the two different?

3. Last, my interface box came with a green 9 pin connector for inputs but I technically don't need this to data log right since it'll use the factory inputs to get all the data it needs? (O2s, IAT, etc)?

Thanks for the help in advance!
    1. Used to be right, not anymore. The upgraded OS's are free now
    2. It's so you can record without a laptop, i.e. "standalone logging"
    3. The green connector is for signals from external sensors, i.e. wideband, etc. Basic OBD stuff will show up without that connected to anything.